Obsessed

Kenwillmore
on 12/2/09 4:48 am

... I find that I am totally obsessed with thoughts of WLS.  I will begin the process beginning January 1 when my new insurance kicks in.  Is this normal? 

brenda549
on 12/2/09 6:02 am - Duluth, GA
I would say yes.  Most of us have been unhealthy for so long that thoughts of actually being at healthy weights are like dreams coming true. 

I am right there and have been since I started the process back in April.   Now that I am so close to surgery I am finding myself more and more obsessed each day. 

Good luck on your journey.  I hope to see you on the losing side!

Kenwillmore
on 12/2/09 7:24 am
Thanks
It is absolutely normal.  I did that for a very long time.  It has subsided more these last couple months.  Because I had a revision in 4/09 & from that point it became more of my life than just the WLS. If that makes any sense.

Good luck with everything, my prayers will be with you.  I live in Lawrenceville, also.  Let me know when you have your surgery and where.  Who is your doctor? Which surgery are you having? 

TTYL,

Terri D.
Certified Life Coach with Specialization in Weightloss and Bariatrics
Working towards Bachelors in Exercise Science with specialation in Bariatrics
Revision to Gastric 4/9/2009 from Lapband

At goal at 7 months.... thanks to lifestyle change, exercise, & an acai berry drink.  Inflamation in body-Gone, Headaches- Gone

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9LYB37/">
 _fcksavedurl=http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w9LYB37/weight.png">>

Kenwillmore
on 12/2/09 7:21 am
Thanks, I have an appointment with Dr. Macik on January 4th.  Initially I thought I would get the lap band, the more I learn and after talking with people who have had the surgery I am now leaning towards RNY.
I originally had a lapband in 11/04, got a slip and replaced in 4/06.  Basically the 2 years following, I didn't gain weight, but I wasn't loosing either.  Then the pain started again with the band.  I monitored what I ate, I never PB'd, nothing so no explanation on why the pain started.  So I had it removed and revised the the RNY.  In 7 months I have reached my goal and lost nearly 100 lbs. 

It's not that I totally do not believe in the lapband because I have friends on both sides.  However, I am finding more that are having issues.  I do know many that have a realize band that are doing quite well.  I am more than happy with my decision. 

Terri D.
Certified Life Coach with Specialization in Weightloss and Bariatrics
Working towards Bachelors in Exercise Science with specialation in Bariatrics
Revision to Gastric 4/9/2009 from Lapband

At goal at 7 months.... thanks to lifestyle change, exercise, & an acai berry drink.  Inflamation in body-Gone, Headaches- Gone

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9LYB37/">
 _fcksavedurl=http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w9LYB37/weight.png">>

sassyjonz
on 12/2/09 8:23 am - Atlanta, GA
I prefer to think of it as focused.  Since I decided to have WLS in August, I have been on a serious mission and focused on not much else.  I am halfway through my dr. supervised "diet" and should be having the DS in late Jan. or early Feb.  I will actually be relieved to finally have surgery so I can focus on losing the weight and living a new lifestyle.

I did an enourmous amount of research and changed my mind from the band, to the sleeve to the DS because of all of my research.  I don't know your situation, but make sure you read up thoroughly on ALL the WLS options before you make a final decision.  There is a lot of misinformation out there about DS but if you read the "facts", you will find that it is a very impressive option and the surgery that offers the most excess weight lost and best chance of keeping it off, not to mention very high cure rate for diabetes and you don't have to have a super high BMI to get it contrary to popular belief.

Lia
Paige F.
on 12/2/09 8:43 am
I was totally obessed from February when I decided for sure that I wanted an RNY until I actually had it last week!
PAIGE            
LaShelle2
on 12/2/09 9:18 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Yep, totally normal, and it can be a good thing. Do as much research as you can now and find out as much as you can about all the surgrey types your insurance will cover.  The 4 major surgeries are RNY, lapband, DS (duodenal switch), and vertical sleeve. Make sure you find out the advantages of all these before you decide.

If you can, come join us for the Holiday meet and greet next Saturday.  Would love to see you there.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Jeannie A.
on 12/2/09 8:03 pm - Stockbridge, GA

Hello Friend,
I see that you are getting really excited about your chances of having WLS, I know that this is a long process and your new insurance will be starting. I hope that everything goes well for you.

I know that you would like things to go fast, but please check out all of you WLS opts, for there are many types of surgery out there. Make sure that you choose the one that is going to be right for you.

I had the RNY 3.5 years ago and I have used it well. I have lost over 285 pounds total since the start of my journey and I have maintained it too. So please do your research.

Hug's
Jeannie

Jeannie Armstrong   
OH Support Group Leader
RNY 07/27/06 
sw358/ cw 175/ qw 175 to 160

I have been blessed with God's Help!

For those in GEORGIA come and join us at PEDMONT HENRY MEDICAL CENTER in the EDUCATIONAL BUILDING in Foundation Board room the 4th TUESDAY of each month at 6:30pm.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie4759_group/tab,0/page,1/#my_groups_main:1

Most Active