Meet N Greet Ideas for 2010??? Please give your input...

LaShelle2
on 12/2/09 2:26 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Can you believe this year is almost over? What a whirlwind it has been for so many of us. 

This month 12-12-09 8:00 pm. will be our 12th consecutive meet n greet since we started things back up last December.   We have enjoyed everything from dinner at Cheesecake Factory,  Bahama Breeze, Fox N Hounds (lol),  Diner at Northpoint, Bugaboo Creek, Marrietta Diner...  We also bowled, had a movie night, music in the park, and learned some seductive moves at a pole dancing class.

I have really enjoyed meeting all of my OH family in person.  We all have been blessed with the clothes, samples, and magazines shared with the group.

So, let's keep the momentum!  

What are your ideas for places, restaurants, times, locations,  activities to explore next year.  Is there a part of town you'd like the group to meet in that I've overlooked?

There are no hard set rules for our meet n greets, but I do try to schedule them on Saturday and try to keep the cost where someone can participate for $10 or less, since we are all trying to pinch pennies.  So for example, a restaurant would be cool if a meal costs $1-20 as long as there are some affordable options if someone is on a tight budget.  

Please Respond!!!  I need your help!

~LaShelle

Jade ..
on 12/2/09 1:29 pm - GA
 Since i'm on the west side, they always seem so far away!  LOL  I'll try to hit one or two that are closer on this side of town.  :)
HW 299 *~* SW 279 *~* CW 157 *~* GW 145 *~* My Blog 

LaShelle2
on 12/2/09 11:14 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Where are you inthe west side? Can you suggest something within say 15-20 minues of downtown on the westside?
Rhondazn
on 12/6/09 10:49 pm - Oxford, GA
What about some of the same things but different parts of Atlanta than where they were before.
Maybe focus one month on the north, ome month on the east... etc.....Something like that
Oh and when it gets warmer (not to warm) more outdoor stuff.
Rhonda

Patience is Trusting God's Timimg!

Ginger L.
on 12/7/09 4:55 am - Woodstock, GA
YOu know me Im up for what ever!   I think it would be fun to go rafting when it gets warmer or horseback ridding.  I know the cost will probably be more but I think it would be fun to experience different things!  

Starting Weight: 325;  Pre Surgery Weight: 314

Jeannie A.
on 12/10/09 7:21 pm - Stockbridge, GA
If you think that everyone one might be interested in a Mountain Trip for the weekend. I think it would be nice.

Hug's
Jeannie
Jeannie Armstrong   
OH Support Group Leader
RNY 07/27/06 
sw358/ cw 175/ qw 175 to 160

I have been blessed with God's Help!

For those in GEORGIA come and join us at PEDMONT HENRY MEDICAL CENTER in the EDUCATIONAL BUILDING in Foundation Board room the 4th TUESDAY of each month at 6:30pm.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie4759_group/tab,0/page,1/#my_groups_main:1

LaShelle2
on 12/11/09 1:13 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I would love to do a trip. Amy Jo suggestes a cruise.  I tried to get a cruise group together, but so many people are financially challenged now.  So, I  am settling on just doing local stuff now.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

CallMeMsE
on 12/12/09 6:01 am - Duluth, GA
I'm good with whatever.  This will be my first time participating, so what you listed for 2009 all sounds good for me.  I'm just happy to see that there's something going on on a monthly basis.
MARIA F.
on 12/12/09 12:13 pm - Athens, GA
Cruise sounds good. Vegas trip sounds better!

Las Vegas Association of ...

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active