Good Thrift Store?

Jade ..
on 12/1/09 10:54 am - GA
 Just wondering if you have a favorite thrift store you like to visit since surgery?  I have to admit used clothes kinda freak me out but I'm not going to have a choice in that matter too much longer if the folks at work don't want me droppin' trou at work.  It'd be a waste of money to buy all new stuff.  So anyone have any good thrift stores they can recommend?  Or other places to get cheap clothes?  
HW 299 *~* SW 279 *~* CW 157 *~* GW 145 *~* My Blog 

MARIA F.
on 12/1/09 11:12 am - Athens, GA
Might try eBay also.............

FormerlyFluffy.com

Jeannie A.
on 12/1/09 8:05 pm - Stockbridge, GA

Hello Jade,
I go the all thrift stores, this is how I was able to get clothes since my sizes were changing so fast. If I bought something there I would come home and re-wa**** I know that things are to be washed before some take them to the stores, but you really do not ever know.

I know that we would like to have something that is new, but if you are changing really fast at this point why waste all that money.

I'm now 3.5 years post op and still at times go to the thrift stores today.

Hug's
Jeannie

Jeannie Armstrong   
OH Support Group Leader
RNY 07/27/06 
sw358/ cw 175/ qw 175 to 160

I have been blessed with God's Help!

For those in GEORGIA come and join us at PEDMONT HENRY MEDICAL CENTER in the EDUCATIONAL BUILDING in Foundation Board room the 4th TUESDAY of each month at 6:30pm.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie4759_group/tab,0/page,1/#my_groups_main:1

talksoupslp
on 12/1/09 9:14 pm
I have a few that I go to...America's Family Thrift store on Canton Rd in Marietta...Park Avenue Thrift on Bells Ferry in Woodstock...Goodwill on 92 in Woodstock...Goodwill on Alpharetta Hwy in Roswell.

I admit, I was feeling a little icky about the thrift store shopping as well...but it's so much cheaper!  I bring things home and wash them before I wear them.  I'm also pretty picky about what I buy.

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
LaShelle2
on 12/2/09 2:09 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

ditto Goodwill for me  or "The G.W." as I hav nicknamed it because Goodwill seems so trashy.  Most of the Goodwill stores are a lot nicer than they used to be with nice modern clothes, dressing rooms, clean restrooms.   They even have a plus sized section.

A tip is they change the color of the week on Sunday's. So that week everything with that color tag is half off.  So, get there early Sunday for the best bargains.

Also try the website Frecycle. People give away free stuff on there as well as Craigslist.com. Just post an ad stating what you need.

If you have a particular size you need or a particular item, just post it on here, and maybe someone can gift it to you.   I have been blessed by so many people.  My sister gave me all her size 16's last week (can u believe I'm in a 16).  Also ask friend's, co-workers, church, etc.

If you sew, you can alter most things, but getting new stuff is so much funner! (yes I know it's not  a word)

I am planning on having a clothes swap meet n greet early next year.  I need a good location with pleanty of space to spread things out. If anyone knows of a place let me know.

drkangel101
on 12/5/09 12:57 pm - lawrenceville, GA
Hi not sure where your at but there is a big thrift store that I like in Lawrenceville, GA on Clayton street called Metro Thrift  and  on Mondays everything in the store is  half  off and they have lots of clothes in there.
PixieMom
on 12/6/09 6:04 am - gainesville, GA
Hi Jade,

What city are you in?  I have found some awesome thrift stores around me, and alittle further out too and would love to pass along the info if you around me.  Im a crazy shopper for jeans these days and actually found a pair of Seven/7 jeans at Goodwill a few weeks ago (they run about 100-150.00 new) but they were two sizes too small, although I still TRIED to squeeze into them lol

Let me know (Im in McDonough)

take care

PostOp/Current/Goal
  282/176/150

*I'm gonna be a Grandma!!!* 

Jade ..
on 12/6/09 11:46 pm - GA
I'm in Cobb county and wlling to drive so bring it!  :)

PixieMom
on 12/7/09 5:26 am - gainesville, GA
The Goodwill in Buckhead is great, lots of high end labels (Its new, and I was there for grand opening lol) 

There is a great one in Clayton County called Last Chance Thrift store (they have a website as does Goodwill) and thier mondays are half off everything!  Also pretty close to that one is one called Americas best (there are several around in other areas)

I go to the Goodwills mostly if Im going at all, sometimes Last Chance.

Going thrifting was the best due to my sizes dropping so much, having the drooping clothes was great but looked horrible lol....

Take care!

*I 'brought' it LOL

PostOp/Current/Goal
  282/176/150

*I'm gonna be a Grandma!!!* 

Jade ..
on 12/7/09 10:36 am - GA
 Thanks for the tips!  I abhor shopping but people at work were telling me to get over that and get something that fits.  I was hoping to only go shopping once or twice but I don't think that's going to be the case.  Thanks again!

Most Active