Looking for an "Angel"...?? How does that work?

M U.
on 11/28/09 5:15 am
My surgery is coming up this Friday, Dec 4th. Yikes! My son is taking me to the hospital but won't be able to stay because he has to go to work. My "husband" is not supportive and I will not ask him for help.

How does one go about getting 'help' here for such things as calling my family to let them know I'm okay, etc? I have no clue how this works, but thought I would reach out and ask.

scrabblenut
on 11/28/09 1:21 pm
Are you attending a local support group? If so, perhaps someone there could help. I wonder, too, if you can check with your doctor's office and ask if anyone has volunteered to help others. I hope you find someone. You deserve to be surrounded by loving care and support.

Peace!
Scrabblenut 

11 months out and 25 pounds to goal weight.  Hooray!!!!!       
LaShelle2
on 12/3/09 12:06 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hey Meryl. Sorry I somehow skipped over this post.  I am so sorry to hear you're going through this alone.  I can't be there at the hospital with you, but would be glad to be a long distance angel. I used all my sick/vacation time with my surgery in July.

I would be glad to call your family and whatever else you need me to do from home.  PM me your phone number and we can work out all the details.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

progers37
on 12/3/09 9:59 am - Eastman, GA
Meryl, if you are going to be at Emory Johns Creek I am a patient here at the moment. I would be glad to let people know how you are doing via my laptop. If you are going to be here I am in room 421. If you are out making your laps stop by or get someone (nurse or family member) to stop by and let me know and I will gladly post for you.
Good Luck with the beginning of your new life.

Patrice
M U.
on 12/3/09 10:03 am
Hey there. I am pretty sure we met at the OH conference in Atlanta. Why are you in the hospital? I will be at Emory Johns Creek and will definitely come by.  I did find someone to take me and stay so I'm ok with communications.

Thanks for reaching out.
Meryl

progers37
on 12/3/09 10:07 am - Eastman, GA
you are most certainly welcome. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know. I am here because of some pain I have been having for the last few weeks. After fighting it as long as I could I gave in and decided to let Dr. Hart find the source of the pain. As I said if you are out doing your laps please stop in and say hello.
I will be praying for you tomorrow as you begin your journey.
Patrice
M U.
on 12/3/09 10:14 am
Thank you! I'll take all the prayers I can get....
deevalicious
on 12/4/09 9:40 am - Hampton, GA
Meryl I am also looking for an angel during this process I have 9 days until my date and I am praying for u although I dont know you but you'll do fine with all the OH support Im sure GOD will see u through!!!!

DEEVALICIOUS

Most Active