Recommendations?

brenda549
on 11/25/09 2:40 am - Duluth, GA
I usually see my nutritionist that works with my endocrinologist.  However, I feel like I need to find a nutritionist that specializes in bariatric surgery needs.  I know there were two on the sheet Dr. Macik gave me at my consult, but I gave that sheet to my endo so she would know what records to send him. 

Also, I need to find a PCP that is WLS friendly.  Honestly, mine might be, but unless you are on your death bed, it takes months to get in to see him.  And after 9 years, I truly have never had an appointment with him.  I have only seen the nurse practitioner. 

Any recommendations for either?  Preferably the PCP needs to be in Gwinnett (Duluth). 
olliebobs
on 11/25/09 3:03 am
Hi,

I can't help you with the PCP.  My PCP is in Dunwoody.  But the two dieticians that Dr. Macik's suggests are:

Safa Nooromid  770-971-9234

Rhonda Huthwaite  678-462-7889

Her Royal Flyness
on 11/25/09 6:57 am
My PCP is great regarding WLS.  Once I mentioned it she referred me to Hart & Johnson which I was very happy with and probably would have chosen on my own.  She is in Duluth right on Beaver Ruin & 85 across from Lowes...Bonnie Ellenoff 770-449-5664.  The practice has grown a lot since I started going to her about 5 years ago, and for that reason or if perhaps I schedule an appt on her off day, I sometimes don't see her, but everyone I've ever seen as well as the nurses are great

It is never too late to be what you might have been

~George Eliot
graciemaeryan
on 11/25/09 10:07 am - Atlanta, GA
I see Dr. hart at the same practice and he has two NUTS.  I prefer Melissa.  She was great because I am such a picky eater.  I use their Johns Creek office.

My PCP is part of the Laureate Medical group - I use the one at the perimeter but they have other offices.  Just goggle them.

I actually prefer NP's - but Georgia has a restrictive law that their care must all be signed off by an MD.

I got banded to day - and had the best doc (IMHO).
Gracie Mae    

Most Active