please share

Ginger L.
on 11/23/09 11:14 pm - Woodstock, GA
Looking for some good wls friendly deserts.  Would you please share any good ones that you have tried.  I have the desert making duty and since my sisters apparently thought it was funny having their little sister make the deserts, I figure I'll pull one over on them right back and make them all wls friendly!!! LOL  HELP!! 

Starting Weight: 325;  Pre Surgery Weight: 314

LaShelle2
on 11/23/09 11:31 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I posted some ideas on individual fat free sugar free pudding shooters on my Thanksgiving Post a couple of days ago...

Assuming your only concern is dumping, you can modify any recipe (except your no bake cokies) with Spelnda.

or

Just make a regular dessert and take a little bit or skip it alltogether and do it as a loving sacrifice for your family
shellyb1993
on 11/24/09 12:13 am - sharpsburg, GA
shellyb1993
on 11/24/09 12:15 am - sharpsburg, GA
Here is a recipe for a pumpkin roll that I made Sunday night. It is Sugar free and it's YUMMMMERS.
Cake   3 large eggs
1 cup Splenda Granular / Natures Sweet Sugar Replace (Order on Bariatric Eating)
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup self rising flour
  FILLING
8 ounces light cream cheese
5 T tablespoons Splenda Granular
1/2 cup light whipped topping
2 T Butter 1 t Vanilla
  STEPS:
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Coat a 10 x 12-inch jellyroll* pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with wax paper. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. 2. CAKE: In a medium mixing bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs for 5 minutes; beat in Splenda. Mix in Pumpkin then add the flour and cinnamon. 3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Using spatula, completely level batter. Bake for 11 minutes until cake is springy to the touch and edges appear dry. (Do not overbake or cake will crack when it is rolled.) Lay smooth towel onto work surface. Sift splenda onto towel. As soon as cake comes out of oven, turn cake onto towel, remove the wax paper and loosely roll up, starting with short side. Cool. 5. FILLING: In a small mixing bowl, beat light cream cheese and Splenda with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in whipped topping, butter, and vanilla 6. Unroll cooled cake. Spread filling over cake, stopping 1 inch from the farthest short side. Starting from the short side closest to you, reroll cake. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate cake until ready to serve. Dust with powdered sugar before serving if desired. *You may substitute a 9 x 13-inch cake pan if you must. Per Serving
Calories 170
Carbohydrate 18 grams
Protein 7 grams
Fat 7 grams (4 saturated)
Fiber 1 gram
Sodium 310 milligrams
Diabetic exchange = 1 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat, 1 Lean Meat
WW point comparison = 4 points
Shelly-

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
Phillipians 4:13

LaShelle2
on 11/24/09 12:58 am, edited 11/24/09 1:03 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
7g protein in a dessert is pretty darned good. I bet you could sub sweet potatoes in this one too.

Publix had a good pumpkin pie recipe this week and it was AWESOME.  It was chilled w/ whipped cream and nuts on the top.  They used sweet potatoes instead of pumpkin.  I would sub the pudding w/ sugar free if you can't have sugar.

Turtle Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients

1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping, divided
1 (6-ounce) graham cracker pie crust
1 (2-ounce) package chopped pecans, divided
1 cup reduced-fat milk
2 (4-serving) boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
8 ounces frozen non-dairy whipped topping (softened), divided

Steps

1. Pour 1/4 cup of the caramel topping into pie crust; sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the pecans.
  2. Whisk together in large bowl, milk, pudding mixes, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well blended. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping; spread mixture evenly into crust. Chill at least 1 hour.
  3. Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups whipped topping and 2 tablespoons each caramel topping and pecans just before serving. (Makes 10 servings.)

CALORIES (per 1/10 recipe) 320kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 0mg;
SODIUM 430mg; CARB 47g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 3g;
VIT A 80%; VIT C 2%; CALC 6%; IRON 4%

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Ginger L.
on 11/24/09 12:36 am - Woodstock, GA
Now thats what Im talking about.. YUM. 

Thanks for sharing!

Don 1962
on 11/24/09 10:21 am

LIZ’S SF PECAN PIE RECIPE

3 large eggs
3/4 cup Splenda Granular
Pinch of table salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
¾ cup Steel’s Sugar Free Maple Syrup, or if you cant find Steels, SF Log Cabin works great!!!.  Dont use Cary's, its too thin
1 cup chopped pecans, plus 10 halves
One 9-inch homemade unbaked pie shell, not deep dish
Whipped cream sweetened with Splenda

I like mine full of pecans so i use 1 cup of chopped pecans plus the 10 halves

Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Beat the eggs in a large bowl until well blended and stir in the Splenda, salt, vanilla, butter, and syrup. Mix in the chopped pecans and pour the filling into the pie crust. Arrange the pecan halves evenly on the custard and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the sides are set but the center is still a bit soft. Cool to room temperature and serve in small wedges with Splenda-sweetened whipped cream.

i just use the pie crust thats in the red box in the refridge section coz im not danni and dont make my own crust. I dont eat the crust, tut there isnt enough that you will dump.. prolly. Just not a chance

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Ginger L.
on 11/24/09 10:12 pm - Woodstock, GA
That sounds yummy!!  Thanks for sharing!!

G

Most Active