Prayers for CColeman the date is FINALLY Here!!!

LaShelle2
on 11/15/09 11:10 pm, edited 11/15/09 11:12 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Sending Up a Special Prayer 

for 

CColeman 

November 16, 2009

Finally, the day has come. As you may remember, CColeman's surgery was delayed because of some concerns from her pre-op testing.   Well, now she is proving to us that when man says something is impossible, with God ALL things are possible.

I know this may be a higher risk procedure because of concerns about her heart health, so I am sending a VERY special prayer for her. I pray everything works out well with no complications, and healing will be swift and easy.

Happy Healing,

LaShelle
Ginger L.
on 11/15/09 11:13 pm - Woodstock, GA
Im right there with you in thoughts and prayers today! 
Hugs.
G

Starting Weight: 325;  Pre Surgery Weight: 314

CColeman
on 11/18/09 6:37 am
Thank you so much LaShelle! I came home from Northside Hospital yesterday evening. Just one night in the hospital! When I got home I slept for almost 10 hours, with a couple of potty and water breaks, and I feel sooooo much better today. I haven't had any pain meds since 8 hours after the surgery. I haven't had any trouble getting in my water, milk or protein. I have been doing a good amount of walking. So far so good. It will be a lot different when I go back to work after Thanksgiving, but for now just concentrating on water, protein and getting rid of the gas. It looks like your special prayer is working!

CColeman
on 11/18/09 6:38 am
Ginger,
Thank you as well. I need all the help I can get!!

Paige F.
on 11/18/09 6:51 am
Wow!  Only one night in the hospital after RNY...I have never heard of that!  It sounds like you were probably able to rest better at home.  I am so happy to hear that you are doing well.  I will continue to pray for a quick recovery for you.
PAIGE            
CColeman
on 11/18/09 11:38 am
Thanks Paige. I was ready to get out of there the next morning, but they made me stay through the afternoon.

CColeman
on 11/18/09 11:39 am
Good luck on your surgery too!

M U.
on 11/19/09 4:18 pm
WOW, wonderful. I hope my surgery with Dr. Macik goes as smoothly! I'm on the 2 week countdown now! 
CColeman
on 11/20/09 8:37 am
Good luck Sky. Just remember that Dr. Macik is all business, so don't expect him to linger at your bedside! 
So far I have had minimal pain, with no pain medication since 8 hours after surgery, and no problem getting in the required protein, water and milk. I was able to lie down on my own bed the first night home and the gas has resolved itself. I still feel a little swollen and kind of sore, but considering what the old body went through just 4 days ago, I think I'm doing pretty fantasic! I just hope I can keep it going as I go back to work after Thanksgiving. The main thing is to take some chapstick with you to to hospital as you will not ingest anything but ice chips, so you'll be dry. The breathing tube removal always makes my throat sore. Let them know if you are in pain. Most of all WALK. As much as you possibly can. I know the anticipation and preparation consumed me the week before surgery, so it was a relief when it was over. Now on to the next chapter!

M U.
on 11/20/09 8:42 am
Thanks for your input.

I had to laugh at your comments about Dr. Macik. I'm not expecting any lingering by my bedside. LOL He's definitely not a lingerer. But he *is* a good surgeon and that is all I need from him. 

Minimal pain is my goal. And of course, long-term success.

Keep us posted on how you are doing, k? 
Most Active