Any other Black Friday fanatics?

kaytiebugs
on 11/12/09 3:15 am - Flowery Branch, GA
Oh I just can't WAIT!!!! It's literally my favorite day of the year! Nothing is more exciting than a pocket full of cash and awesome bargains galore!! 

What unexpected deals have you found? Where are your favorite odd-ball places to hit? I get all of the big department store flyers online (many are already posted!) but the local stores and outlet stores are harder to get info on.

So gimmie the down low! lol

I love to do midnight madness at the outlet in Dawsonville. Last year I got genuine leather medium size handbags for $10 at the Wilsons leather outlet!! 

I wanted so badly to go to Coach but apparently the LONG line to shop starts forming at like 7:00 in the evening LOL.... I'm still doing dishes at that point. Anyone know if the deals at Coach are worth arriving that early for? Nothing short of half price on many items is worth standing in line for 5 hours.

Last year at Walmart I got a genuine pearl strand and matching pearl studs for $15! Also scored some 10k gold hoops for something like $7.

Any other crazies on the board? If you leave early, it's really no worse than going to the mall on a Saturday afternoon. The outlet mall is actually pretty slow that time of night with the exception of a few stores having long lines.
CallMeMsE
on 11/12/09 9:37 pm - Duluth, GA
My husband and I live for black friday.  We're big hi tech folks.  Looking forward to hitting up fry's in duluth!!
LaShelle2
on 11/13/09 11:46 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I love Black Friday!!  I never buy much, but I love getting out in the crowd and watching people fight ove rthe last Elmo or x-box.

Our family tradition is to spread all the BF ads on the living room floor after dinner and map out our strategy. We have a divide and conquer group effort.  So if you see me with 4 GPS, or i-Pods, it's because I'm grabbing some for my sisters too.   We each get assigned a store and text and photo pics of what we see.   I normally get Walmart, my sister Kristen get's Kohl's, mom get's Sears, and my other sister gets SLEEP!  Hmmm?? Is that fair?

I normally do Wal-mart, Target, and if I'm brave Circuit City (r.i.p) or Best Buy.

*** A hint for the faint of heart. Wal-mart matches everybody's BF ads, so you can take all your papers to walmart, and get all your stuff in one trip for the same price.  A bonus, is if Target or K-Mart runs out of that special item in 5 minutes,  walmart may not be doing a promo and will have plenty in stock.

The catch is it has to be the same item, item #, etc. which can be tricky for electronics, because Walmart may call a camera a MD150 and Target may call it a MS150 when it's the same camera.  Just make sure you have the print ad when you get to the Walmart register.

I have found this price matching to be very helpful with stuff like dvd's, cd's, board games, toys, and my regular weekly groceries.

Is anybody giving away giftcards for the 1st 100 people this yeear? Last year Tanger, Sears, Southlake Mall, and Belks did.  YES I absolutely WILL stand in line for 2 hours in the cold for $10.   No, I don't need the $10 ( I still have my $10 Belks card in my purse from last year), but it is fun.
kaytiebugs
on 11/15/09 10:23 pm - Flowery Branch, GA

YOU'RE A FREAKIN GENIUS!!!!!!! Why oh why did this never occur to me!!!! 

I wish I had a team. I always end up shopping all alone. I usually prefer shopping alone, but it'd be nice to have someone to tag team different stores the way your family does. People ask me to pick things up for them and my answer is always "NO!"

MARIA F.
on 11/14/09 12:56 am - Athens, GA
Hey back off LaShelle! One of those GPS's is for ME!!! Lol. I am guilty.............Black Fri. fanatic also. SlickDeals will have an early listing of a lot of BF deals. Go to: http://slickdeals.net/  then on the links across the top click on FORUM then the 2nd one down is the BF link.

This is a great site yr. round. I buy tons of stuff I find deals on from this site. The last 3 laptops I have purchased I found listed on this site.

HAPPY SHOPPING EVERYONE!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

delightful74
on 11/15/09 8:54 am - Fairburn, GA
I love black Friday, but my house is full of relatives...and getting out is hard for my mom & I. I am a Coach outlet fanatic. You can usually find a deal anytime of the year, and they've started emailing out coupons for 20% off. The best time to shop at the Coach outlet is Breast Cancer Awareness at the Tanger Outlet (Dalton & Locust Grove), you buy 25% off coupons for a dollar (proceeds go toward the cause), and they work on everything in the store including the clearance section. The outlet always has a 50% off section (off the clearance price) in the back of the store. I've found unbelievable deals over the years. Have fun!!!
LaShelle2
on 11/16/09 1:41 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
How do I get the Coach Coupons?
delightful74
on 11/16/09 2:58 am - Fairburn, GA
LaShelle, I sent you a msg. Email me and I'll forward it to you, there's a link to add yourself to their mailing list.
Tsunami
on 11/16/09 1:39 am - Atlanta, GA
I think I"m hitting the Midnight Madness sale at Prime Outlets in Calhoun.  The first 500 in line in their PJ's get a gift bag with Jockey Pajama's.  I'm excited because I can wear regular size PJ's this year so I can use them.  Yay! 
The Coach sale is worth it.   I got a Coach leather backpack that was regularly $200 something for $75. 

My husband even went on a few Black Friday runs... he said it was exhilarating.  LOL!

kaytiebugs
on 11/20/09 3:23 am - Flowery Branch, GA
One more week!!! 

I think I'm going to pass on the midnight madness this year. Not sure though.... it's so much fun!! Usually I rely on starbucks and low carb monster drinks to keep me going through the night and into the morning. Not really an option this year. I'll have to hit the sack as soon as our early dinner is over.

I'm really loving the Kohls sale this year! 
Most Active