Great news! Now I need a PCP

drkangel101
on 4/21/09 1:15 pm - lawrenceville, GA
did amerigroup tell you  it was a 6-12mnth doc supervised diet before apporval?
brainchildd
on 4/21/09 11:10 pm - Lithonia, GA

I have good and bad news....First, Medicaid would not let me switch from WellCare to Amerigroup.  After pitching a fit and speaking with a Case Manager, they referred me to Dr. Robinson in Conyers who accepts WellCare for obesity surgery.  WellCare does not require a supervised diet.  Their only qualifications is that it is medically necessary....... I go for my first appointment Tomorrow.!

Ginger L.
on 3/2/09 10:44 pm - Woodstock, GA
I am so sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Dr harts office.    I used them and had NO problems what so ever!  I had my 6 months post op appt yesterday and went very well!  I absolutely love Dr Hart .. He is amazing!   Again Im sorry that you had problems and wish you the best. 

Starting Weight: 325;  Pre Surgery Weight: 314

drkangel101
on 5/2/09 1:20 am - lawrenceville, GA
where in GA are you ?
lavelle365
on 5/2/09 2:42 am - Lawrenceville, GA
I am in sandy springs. And thanks for the pcp referral I am now using dr. courtney Shelton his is great and i am on my way. I switched to peachstate and i think they only need 3 months supervised weightloss and i started last month with dr. shelton and he does the gastric sleeve which i was interested in....
drkangel101
on 5/3/09 5:42 am - lawrenceville, GA
are you going for RNY  or Lapband I am trying to find out if Peachstate covers Lapband and I was also told by someone who erecntly had surgery that Peachstate does not require supervised diet before approval.......... hope to find out ...lol
Most Active