Great news! Now I need a PCP

lavelle365
on 3/1/09 8:46 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
Hello everyone I have been struggling with trying to have wls for some time. I recently got medicaid and am trying to get started right away since my last insurance denied me it has been terrible if anyone has read any of myother post..........

So i need a PCP does anyone here in GA have one that was awesome helping with wls and excepts medicaid any help will be great!!!!!!!
PixieMom
on 3/2/09 5:59 am - gainesville, GA
I love my PCP but they are in Dawsonville, about an hour and a half from you!  If you dont find anyone, let me know and I will send her info :)

PostOp/Current/Goal
  282/176/150

*I'm gonna be a Grandma!!!* 

stephalie_2000
on 3/2/09 7:03 am - Snellville, GA
I used Christine Bao in Norcross. (770) 246-6100.  I would call and double check if she still takes medicaid.  When I got my surgery last year Peachstate and Amerigroup were the only 2 of the 3 types of medicaid that were paying for the surgery (maybe you have plain medicaid?).  Amerigroup required a 6 months (maybe it was 12 months) doctor supervised diet before approval, but Peachstate didn't.  So obviously I used Peachstate.  Best of luck!
drkangel101
on 4/21/09 1:13 pm - lawrenceville, GA
I currently have amerigroup , does peach state cover the lap band do you know  and if so  did they give you a hard time with approval?
stephalie_2000
on 4/21/09 2:44 pm - Snellville, GA

I'm not sure if they will approve Lap Band, because I had RNY, but you could call and find out.

steph1.jpg picture by stephlowe

HW 320/ Pre-op 309 / CW 196 / GW 150

drkangel101
on 4/21/09 10:43 pm - lawrenceville, GA
Ok I just called and switched to peach state effective May 1st since everyone is saying they have had fast approvals and I also chose the same pcp Christine Bao I live in Norcross so that was great  ty so much!!!! Wish me luck my journey is about to begin yeah !!!!!
curiouscat7
on 3/2/09 7:07 am
i just read your past posts... same problem here with dr.hart's office... i had dr.johnson,his associate, and they screwed up my  Aetna paperwork big time and cost me 100's of extra dollars...

I'm sure u can find a pcp that takes medicare... i don't think mine does. So who are u seeing?

I'm at Dr.Maciks office... i got approved and have a date...

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
lavelle365
on 3/2/09 8:46 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
well I am thinking about dr larry hobson because they take medicaid. Im looking for a pcp though so i can start getting my paper work together. Dr harts office was the pitts!!! Back then i had aetna and they were willing to cover it but because of his terrible backwards office they denied me 3 times and that was the maximum you could appeal. Aetna told me they kept submitting the same wrong paper work. So i blame them i could of had surgery last year but thanks to them. Oh and by the way i could never get anyone on the phone to even ask who was the bone head submitting the same stuff. This office really doesnt care if they lose patients.....
lillian34
on 3/3/09 12:11 am - Atlanta, GA

Hey I'm so sorry you have had a hard time I know what it's like, now my PCP is a good fit for me I know he use to take medicaid you can try and see if he still do I like him bcause he really take time with his patients.

Dr. Courtney Shelton
315 Boulevard Ave
Suite# 610
(404) 222-9914

He's actually in the same blg as Dr. Larry Hobson and Dr. Titus Duncan, Dr. Shelton actually ref me to their office.

My prayers are with you.

brainchildd
on 4/1/09 3:00 am - Lithonia, GA
I'm glad I find your post.  I am switching to Amerigroup so I can get my wls surgery.  Did you decide on a pcp yet.  Once my card arrives, I am going to look for one.  I will also try Dr. Hobson because they accept medicaid.  More doctors need to as well. 
Most Active