Recent Posts

Help Me R.
on 10/22/04 1:16 am - Inglewood, CA
Topic: RE: Surgery Scheduled and Need Support
thanks for your kind words of support. I'm so happy for your success! Keep it up, girl.
Help Me R.
on 10/22/04 1:11 am - Inglewood, CA
Topic: QUESTIONING FPO VS. TRADITIONAL RNY
I have a surgery date of 11/16, but located a place called The New Clinic in Orange County (Huntington Beach). On one of the information pages, their surgeons DON'T ADVISE HAVING A WLS THAT USES VGB OR ANY TYPE OF PLASTIC RINGS WTF??? Isn't that exactly what the Fobi Pouch is?? OMG. The reason, they say, is that over time, it is possible there could be some erosion of the band and that studies have shown that the band really doesn't have any greater effect in weight loss. :uh-oh: Please somebody respond. I am a self-pay, so going somewhere else really wouldn't be a problem! Rhonda
mdragynfly
on 10/20/04 10:09 am - Piedmont, AL
My 6 month anniversary is tomorrow and I have lost 82lbs and feel GREAT!!! You are going to go through a lot of fear and some frustration along the way but it is worth it honey. Remember you are doing something great for you!! Try to follow your doc's directions, take your vitamins, and you'll be seeing a whole new you in no time.
mdragynfly
on 10/17/04 6:47 am - Piedmont, AL
Topic: RE: Has anyone heard about leaking?
I actually had a leak but mine was right after surgery. I had a drain in place and they had to do the same swallow test that they usually do on patients to make sure I was healed up before removing the drain. I had the drain for 6 weeks. They can also do a CAT scan to check for fluid pockets. I have had no trouble since I got the drain out.
(deactivated member)
on 10/14/04 12:24 pm - Yucaipa, CA
Welcome to the group, if you would like to join the Fobi one list here is the link. [email protected] It's a little more active then this one, but we're working on it!! If you have any questions please feel free to ask!!! We are ALL here to be and get supported!! You might also find a support group to attend in your area??
Bettyj
on 10/14/04 7:41 am - University City, MO
You have people at all stages in this journey to support you. I am one and a half weeks pre-op. We are here to help and encourage you. All sorts of feelings happened on my journey, scared, happy, fearful , excited , you name it I felt it. It was a roller coster for me. The surgery and hospital was easy. The laxitive before was the pits. First week of jello and broth was terrible. Not much pain for me. Now I'm having pureed food and life is good. One week of being uncomfortable is worth the benefits. In just 11 days I've lost 11 lbs. You will make it. Keep the faith!
Jaime_C
on 10/13/04 12:13 pm - Moreno Valley, CA
Rhonda, You have it! Our support, that is. Welcome to the group! Please ask questions. I'm a newbie -- six months out, but Bonnie and Cheryl have been around for years. Ask, ask, ask! Hugs, Jaime
Jaime_C
on 10/13/04 12:11 pm - Moreno Valley, CA
Topic: RE: NOBODY EVER HERE
String, I'm working on checking here every day, just like the Cali board, but I've been AFK - Away from Keyboard - all week because I have been out WALKING. If you read my profile, a HUGE deal for me! Welcome to our board, and try the email group -- someone always posts to questions there. Hugs, Jaime
Help Me R.
on 10/13/04 4:36 am - Inglewood, CA
Topic: Surgery Scheduled and Need Support
Hello everyone! I'm new here and thought I could use a little (or a lot!) of encouragement . I'm scheduled for surgery on 11/16/04 and really excited/nervous. So to all of you who have gone through this or are about to, I could really use your support. Thank you so much.
Bettyj
on 10/9/04 3:25 am - University City, MO
Topic: RE: new to site
I kind of thought it would be nice if they could scoop out some of the excess fat while they were in there, but they didn't.
Most Active