Recent Posts

blitzbabe0054
on 12/17/04 12:49 pm - burnsville, mn
Topic: for teens!!
hey there everyone. my name is meghan andresen. im going to have weight loss surgery on april 28th 2005. im 16 years old. and well, this is the only weight loss surgery support group for teens out there that are reesarching,had or having weightloss surgery. well if you would like to join my group that would be great! I would like you to join both and pass the word on!!!http://groups.msn.com/teensandweightlosssurgery and in order to join my yahoo one, you must go to yahoo search groups and type teens weight loss surgery. now there is one just like it. its teen weight loss surgery. don't join that one!that one is not active and only has adults in it!so please join! after all, this is the only one for teens out there and we need to get the word out!so please join and have a great wonderful day! love always, meghan aim/aol sn blitzbabe0053 [email protected]
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/04 12:41 am - Yucaipa, CA
Topic: RE: Pregnancy
We have a woman in our group who is 7 years out and has had two children. So you CAN have children. But you should wait to get pregnant until your 18 to 2 years after surgery. I'm sure there is a list for pregnant women here.
MsBatt
on 12/4/04 12:48 pm
Topic: RE: Sorry for asking a silly question but?
Kendal, the Fobi is probably the BEST form of RNY out there--but before you make your final decision, you really should take a good, long look at the DS (duodenal switch). Many medical professionals think the DS is *the* best choice for folks with a BMI greater than 50. Not only does it give the best long-term success rates, the post-op lifestyle it offers just CANNOT be beat! But don't take my word for it---come over and visit the DS forum and talk with many pre- and post-op DSers. Read the profiles of folks like Diana Cox, Dina McBride, Melissa Mermaid, Patty L, and others. (Even *mine*, if you wanna!) Best wishes on your journey! Judith
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/04 1:35 am - Yucaipa, CA
String B.
on 12/3/04 3:09 pm - Ventura, CA
Topic: surgery was a GREAT success
Hi All, I had my surgery Nov1, 2004. It has been 33 days since my surgery with Dr. Lee and all the Fobi staffers. I feel great and have had no problems (thank you God) I have lost 33 pounds, in 33 days,,,pretty cool!!! I am so thankful for your support, I am very thankful to the entire staff at the Fobi office/hospital. I can not give enough praise to Dr. Lee and staff, my stay in the hospital was just a blink and poof! I am healing great and ready to begin my new life. A very thankful, String Bean
LongBeachDiva
on 12/3/04 3:03 pm - Long Beach, ca
Topic: Bonnie Young
Hello Bonnie , I just want to say thank you for all you do for people in trying to get support for them and supporting then . I notice you always answer questions on the board when noone else does . You are such an inpseration to others ! You look great and seem to have a big heart ! Alena
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/04 11:12 pm - Yucaipa, CA
Topic: RE: Sorry for asking a silly question but?
Fobi Pouch is the RYN with a band at the stoma http://www.cstobesity.com/ Here is thier website, you might get a better picture of it here.
appleone1
on 11/28/04 10:11 am - houston, TX
Topic: Sorry for asking a silly question but?
whats the difference between the fobi and wls the bypass gastric?? i no i should read and see but i no the message board is so helpful and asnwer any and ever question asked thanks
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/04 12:10 am - Yucaipa, CA
Topic: RE: new to site
Hi Debbie thank you very much!! I'll tell you though it's not easy!! Don't worry about the evaluation, they know we have gone through hell with our obesity!! How can we possibly be normal?? I'm not (but now I'm proud that I'm different!! LOL) and still carry the scars to this day! Really be honest and tell them what your going to do AFTER you have the surgery. By the way the surgery is the RYN but with a band, here is a great place to read/learn all about it!! http://www.cstobesity.com/ We just started this group and it's not very active yet?? Here is a more active group for "Fobi support" [email protected] Welcome to here or there, get support, get educated, my number one advise, don't wait till after the surgery and start wondering what your supposed to do!! Hope to hear from you soon
Most Active