Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/05 9:52 am - Yucaipa, CA
Topic: New Fobi Clinc in Lancaster
OPENING A NEW CLINIC IN LANCASTER, CALIFORNIA. FOCA Management, Management firm for the Center for Surgical Treatment of Obesity and Fobi Medical Group Would like to announce to opening of our new office the Center for Surgical Treatment of Obesity in Lancaster, California and our new affiliation with Lancaster Community Hospital. CENTER FOR SURGICAL TREATMENT OF OBESITY FOBI MEDICAL GROUP Dr. Mathias A.L. Fobi, M.D. F.A.C.S., Medical Director 43860 10TH STREET W, SUITE 201 LANCASTER, CA 93534-4826 www.cstobesity.com 1-800-564-3624 TELL EVERYONE IN THE ANTELOPE VALLEY, THE SANTA CLARITA VALLEY, LAS VEGAS, VICTORVILLE, RIDGECREST, AND ANYWHERE NEAR LANCASTER, THAT WE WILL BEGIN SEEING PATIENTS AT OUR NEW OFFICE STARTING ON WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2005 FROM 9AM TO 5:30PM. Support Groups are already formed in the area. Contact our office, for more information 1-800-564-3624. Ask for Ngwebi Fobi or Willie Collins!!!
Hypnocutie Cha CHa
on 1/8/05 11:19 am - Los Angeles, CA
Topic: RE: Post Op?
I had nose tubes only b/c I'm asthmatic and I just had the g-tube...I must've had some other tube when I woke up b/c I hear someone call my name and say "cough" and then I was out again...
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/05 10:03 am - Yucaipa, CA
Have you discussed this with your dr?? It might be what the do during surgery, I've never heard of this before. I was intabated (SP?) after surgery for two days but only because I was so large I couldn't breath on my own. The tube was down my throat not in my nose. I suggest you talk to your surgeon about any concerns like this. Good luck to you and hang in there, it's hard work but its so worth it!!
Bettyj
on 1/1/05 11:24 pm - University City, MO
I had my Fobi in Oct. When I woke I had neither of those things. It was like waking from any surgery. I had a drain but other than that everything was fine. Its simple. The surgery is easier than adjusting to the new eating patterns.
forbiddenfruit
on 1/1/05 10:08 am - LAWRENCEVILLE, GA
Topic: Post Op?
I am having Fobi on 1-17-04. I was doing research and read about the trach tube and venilator can someone explain how long after surgery do they keep the tubes running down yourr nose to your stomach and how bad is it to deal with also is the venilator bad and how long are you normally on this after surgery any advice would be greatlt appreciated i am getting a little scared
blitzbabe0054
on 12/25/04 8:01 am - burnsville, mn
Topic: new web site!
hey there everyone. i made a website that i think you should all check out. it has links also to join my teen weight loss surgery groups.this site has stuff on all surgeries out there.well i hope you take a look and sign the guest book!thanxs, meghan andresen the url for the site is www.freewebs.com/duodenalswitch/
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/04 12:01 am - Yucaipa, CA
Topic: RE: WHAT TO EAT
Eggs are my favorite still after four years, you can add cheese too. I added a small amount of butter and sugar to my cream of wheat or oat meal. You can have soft foods like macaroni and cheese, mashed potato's and gravy, beans. Anything soft can be chewed to a paste, you just want to becarful of solids and too much spices can hurt your pouch. Baby that pouch now and it will be working for you later. I'm wondering why your saying your hungry?? Sounds like your eating well to me. Jus****ch the salt content in soups. You can also find a list of foods we can eat on one list [email protected] You need to start changing your food choices and getting used to eating healthfully now cause it gets easier and easier to eat crap as you get further along from this and then you WILL gain!! ARGH!!!! Hang in there Fobi sis, it will get easier!!!
LongBeachDiva
on 12/18/04 10:02 am - Long Beach, ca
Topic: RE: WHAT TO EAT
That was can I add things in my food and what can I eat other then the things listed .......... sorry for the typos
LongBeachDiva
on 12/18/04 6:48 am - Long Beach, ca
Topic: WHAT TO EAT
ok well I have no idea where my last post went . I am starving and I have no idea what to eat for breakfast I eat oatmeal (plain YUK) and for lunch and dinner I eat soup .Are there other things? can I can things in my food like margerine , milk ? please help . I am 8 days PO . PLEASE HELP YOUR STARVING FOBI POCH SISTER !!!
Sarah H.
on 12/18/04 4:44 am - Atascaero, CA
Most Active