Recent Posts

abcmom44
on 5/15/05 6:04 am - Macon, GA
Topic: RE: WLS bracelets
Hi Rose, Can you please let me know how to contact Kathy? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Barb
abcmom44
on 5/15/05 6:03 am - Macon, GA
Topic: RE: SURGERY TUESDAY, SCARED!
Hi Kriss, I just stumbled across this message board. Guess I've been in the clouds and only knew about the state boards! I just wanted to give you a quick little (big) thank you. Even tho your post was directed to Geniene it gave me a breath of relief. My surgery is in 12 days! Big hugs to you, and you too Geniene. Best Wishes for you both, Barb
JAMES K.
on 5/11/05 8:38 am - Midland Park, NJ
Topic: PLEASE SEND A POST OP PATIENT SUPPORT
HI EVERYONE, EVERYONE HERE IS ABSOULUTELY WONDERFUL WITH THEIR SUPPORT FOR EACH OTHER, SOOOO IM ASKING EVERYONE TO RALLY AND TOTALLY OVERWHELM MY VERY GOOD FRIEND. HER NAME IS TIFFANY TAYLOR OF WESTWOOD, NJ. SHE HAD HER RNY SURGERY YESTERDAY MORNING(TUESDAY MAY 10TH) AT HACKENSACK HOSPITAL BY DR CAPELLA. IF YOU CAN TAKE THE TIME AND SEND HER GOOD WISHES. I WOULD LOVE TO PRINT IT OUT AND BRING IT TO HER. SHE RAVES ON HOW ALL THE POST HAVE GIVEN HER STRENGTH. SHE IS IN ALOT OF PAIN WHICH IS EXPECTED. SO IF YOU CAN TAKE THE TIME TO PLEASE SEND HER A LITTLE NOTE IT WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED. MYSELF, I GO MAY 20TH FOR LAP BAND AND WE WILL BE RECUPERATING TOGETHER HERE IS TIFFANYS PAGE: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=T1113753090 JAMES
eddiekriss
on 5/10/05 10:02 pm - Ellenwood, GA
Topic: RE: SURGERY TUESDAY, SCARED!
Hi Geniene, My name is Kriss and I know what your going through sweetie i'm 12 days post-op from having the fobi pouch. I can give you an account of my experience and maybe that will help. I got to the hospital 2 hrs prior to surgery and registered in and they put me in like a holding room where i changed into my gown, took vitals and waited for them to come get me for surgery. During this time my hubby was with me which was alot of comfort. They came and got me and took me to another holding area outside of the surgery room and asked me questions, and made sure I was comfortable and then the anstheiologist gave me meds to relax me and thats all I remember . Next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery cold and dying of thirst! I had a tube going down my throat which was uncomfortable but didn't hurt, and a catheter. I was wheeled into my room and for the next 24 hrs all I could have was ice chips every 2 hours let me tell you I was on top of those 2 hours!!! lol At first you have a pump for your pain meds so you can dispense them yourself then you'll go to this thick liquid med which isn't very pleasant. The day after surgery I went to xray for a barium swallow this is where you drink alittle more nonpleasant tasting crap and they xray as you swallow to ensure that you have no leaks and all is working fine. Once you're cleared from this you'll go back to your room and then you can have liquids my first thing was apple juice and boy that was some good tasting stuff!!! You'll get broth,jello,juice, and water and at first you won't beable to take in hardly anything this is normal just sip slowly. Get up and walk as soon as possible and walk often this helps you to heal faster. Will you be sore? Yes. I was released from the hospital 2 days after surgery and so far i'm doing just fine. I still can't get in nearly the amount of fluids and protein that i'm needing but i'm working on it. This is my 3rd abdominal surgery and i'll tell you they are never pleasant, but you do heal from them and it does get better. Tomorrow is my first post-op appt with my surgeon and i'll find out how much weight i've lost i'm excited about that. Oh btw my incision is about 4 inches long and I have stamples but thats because of my previous surgeries my dr wanted my scar to match how sweet I know you're apprehensive and afraid and thats completely normal girl just take a deep a deep breath and think of the future. Think long and hard because IT IS a life changing decision you're giving up alot to do this make sure that your ready for that. I just had to think of it as like jumping out of an air plane taking the plunge knowing that if I could muster up the courage I would fly. I'm dreaming of food which i've never done and I hate watching tv because of the food commercials but I know in time that this will pass and soon i'll beable to eat more normally just alot less of it. Well I didn't intend for this to be a book, but I hope that i've given you some idea of what to expect. I wish you all the luck and sending prayers that your surgery will be as uneventful as my own. If you need to talk you can email me with questions, or just to vent ok. Best Wishes, Kriss
geniene
on 5/10/05 11:32 am - Maspeth, NY
Topic: SURGERY TUESDAY, SCARED!
I am scheduled for surgery on Tuesday, I am so scared. Never had surgery, dont know what to expect.
LeosOfTheSun
on 5/6/05 2:03 pm - Dracut, MA
Topic: RE: Info Needed from Post-op Patients
HI I would love to help out with your survey, please email me with the questions you have. I had open RNY on 4/28/05. Rachael
RoseS
on 5/4/05 6:06 am - Wappingers Falls, NY
Topic: WLS bracelets
I got my inspiration bracelets from Kathy Sitter and they are gorgeous. I ordered 3, expecting to give one to my sister for Mom's Day, but maybe not! I might keep it and order another one for her!!!! They are so well done and even come in beautiful packaging. She really does exceptional work. Rose New York
im a star
on 4/27/05 8:50 am - kansas, KS
Topic: RE: MEDICADE?
YES I HAVE AND GOT APPROVED ALSO IM LUCKY
RoseS
on 4/19/05 11:04 pm - Wappingers Falls, NY
Topic: Poughkeepsie, NY support group meeting
There will be a monthly weight loss surgery support group meeting in Poughkeepsie, NY (Dutchess County) Thursday April 21 (tomorrow) from 7-8pm. It is held at St. Francis Hospital on Route 9 and it very well attended and well run. We hope to see you there!!!! Rose New York
Lori L.
on 4/15/05 10:59 am - Banner, KY
Topic: help...
I am 2 weeks out from having my surgery and my biggest problem is when i eat or even drink I have alot of air in my tummy and have a hard time burping. And it hurts until i do burp. anyone know any thing that can help. i am on 150 mg zantac and my doctor just switched me to tagment so i hope that works. but any suggestions are welcomed. also can anyone tell me about how soon it was before you could actually get in to the tub to bathe and not just wash off. I still have a open incesion and i am sure it would not be good to get in the shower but i hope to soon.
Most Active