Recent Posts

rhett3147
on 8/15/05 4:41 am - valdosta, GA
Topic: Help me understand
where do i find a forum on lap rny i see evey forum but that on the main page
Trisha
on 8/2/05 5:51 am - Glendale, AZ
Topic: Phoenix Metro Support Group!!
Did you know that there is a Phoenix Metro Weight Loss Surgery Support group that is for all pre-op and post-op patients no matter who your surgeon was or will be? All surgery types welcome - RNY, Lap-Band, DS, etc. Even if you don't have your surgery date yet and are just starting out in the process - you are welcome to join!! This is a peer-led ObesityHelp Chapter support group. We meet on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month at Cholla branch of Phoenix Public Library (outside Metrocenter Mall). Our next meeting is this Saturday! Face-to-face support is SOOOOO important for pre-ops, post-ops and even those at goal already. We all need support. Help yourself and help others. You can come alone or bring an adult support person with you. We have a great group. I hope you join us!! Join the yahoo group to get more details - http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ Trisha
Rickey C.
on 8/1/05 11:11 am - Benton, KS
Topic: RE: Does this forum included RNY
I wished they had one that was specific to the RNY too. I just go to the post op forum and the south of the border forum if i have a question.
Heather H.
on 7/26/05 2:47 pm - Osceola, IA
Topic: RE: Questions on Wish Center in IL...Lap Band and self-pay
Sorry guys... I posted on the wrong board! Not sure how that happened!
Heather H.
on 7/26/05 2:44 pm - Osceola, IA
Topic: Questions on Wish Center in IL...Lap Band and self-pay
Hi everyone, I was curious how long the process is to go through the Wish Center in Illinois. I want to have Lap Band, and I will be self-pay since my insurance won't cover it. I tried calling the Center yesterday, but the lady who answered didn't really want to talk to me. She acting like she was too busy to answer my questions. I told her I had requested an info packet online, and she said they don't send those out anymore. She told me to go online and watch the presentation, which I did and it didn't answer my questions. She transferred me to someone else and all I got was a voicemail. Anyway... if anyone has had WLS there could you please tell me how long the process takes, to get first appointment, evals, and then to schedule the surgery. The website said it was a 10-week program and I don't know what that means. Also, from reading this message board I am understanding that Lap Band at the Wish Center is about $11,000 is that correct? I've read several figures so I wasn't sure. I want to have my surgery in the last week of September, since I will be on vacation from work and my birthday is the 30th. So that is 2 months away...is that possible?? Any help would be great! Thanks, and sorry for the long post. -Heather H
Carol-Ann V.
on 7/25/05 10:14 pm - Cape Town, South Africa
Topic: Does this forum included RNY
Hi, I am new to the site and still finding my way around. Does this forum include RNY. I don't seem to find a specific RNY forum?
Diane G.
on 7/19/05 8:01 am - Smithtown, NY
RNY on 07/25/05 with
Topic: RE: Some questions about before surgery prep?
Hi! Good Luck on your upcoming surgery. I don't know how old you are, but in the grand scheme of things, being 240 and 5'4" isn't all that bad. I really don't think you'll have much of a problem getting your skin to snap back in shape! Good Luck!! Diane
Diane G.
on 7/19/05 7:59 am - Smithtown, NY
RNY on 07/25/05 with
Topic: RE: Fobi Pouch?
Hi! Just a little info...the RNY is when the stomach is cut down to the size of about an egg and the intestines are bypassed. The Fobi pouch is when the stomach is cut down to a little bit bigger than an egg and the intestines are bypassed. However, in addition to the regular bypass procedure, a restrictive band, much like the lap band is placed around the upper portion of the stomach. This, I think is wonderful procedure, although it is not the one that I am getting. I hope this helped!! Good Luck!!! Diane
Michelle K
on 7/18/05 12:46 am - Thiells, NY
Lap Band on 11/26/04 with
Topic: RE: Near Goal?? - Itchy & Scratchy
Jonatha - took a peek at your profile. Your pictures alone are inspirational. WOW !You look wondeful. Michelle
bootyfull
on 7/10/05 12:58 pm - millville, NJ
Topic: RE: Surgeans in NY/NJ/CT/PA/MD area? Compiling a list
dr greenbaum willingboro nj 1000 salem rd suiet a 1 609 877 1737 bonnie drthin.com [email protected]
Most Active