Recent Posts

Tammy L.
on 10/18/05 6:06 am - douglasville, GA
Topic: Dr. Hixon in atlanta
Hi, i have decided to use Dr. Hixon in atlanta ga. anyone else used him? and if so, anything good or bad would be helpful Thanks Tammy
Paola N.
on 10/16/05 12:30 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: I thought I had roux en y?
The ring is the only thing that differenciates the Fobi Pouch from RNY. It's just a glorified RNY
Ro Smiley
on 10/16/05 10:51 am - Charlotte, NC
Topic: RE: I thought I had roux en y?
I think that this is the same thing. Per my MD, Dr. Fobi pioneered the use of the silastic ring at the stoma ( opening of the pouch to new small intestine connection) hence the name. I am having the Lap RNy w/ Silastic ring on 11/ 18/ How has your post-op recovery been?
abandster
on 10/11/05 9:47 pm
Topic: Jacksonville, FL Support Group Meeting
I am in the process of starting a new support group in Jacksonville, Florida. If you are pre op, post op, curious, interested, have a loved one or a friend who's thinking about WLS, please consider joining us. The meeting is open to the public and will include people who will talk about all types of WLS and will undoubtedly be an enjoyable place to share and learn. If you're interested, please email so I can keep you posted. And please feel free to pass my email address along to anybody who may want to contact me but doesn't access the board. Blessings to you. Hope to hear from you soon. La Wanda ([email protected])
Bevhas
on 10/11/05 2:16 am - Japan, Japan
Topic: RE: Does this forum included RNY
RNY's are usually on the main message board. I don't think there is a forum for RNY other thaN the main message board.
thomas smith
on 10/4/05 12:44 pm - palm coast, FL
Topic: I thought I had roux en y?
I had a roux en y gastric bypass but they also use a silastic ring to control emptying and stretching of the pouch. no one said anything about a fobi pouch. is what i have considered a fobi pouch? i think i just have roux en y with a silastic ring.
abandster
on 9/30/05 10:43 pm
Topic: Controu BackMax
I saw a commercial on TV about this product and it was priced at $14.99 plus shipping. I've found it on the internet and its $79 and up. Of course, when you WANT to see a commercial again, you don't. Otherwise, you'd see it so often you could quote it in your sleep. So, if anybody out there sees this commercial, would you jot downt the number and post it for me, please. Or maybe you've already jotted it down....maybe even ordered it. Just seemed like the PERFECT soluton for my fat body so that I could get more respoitioned and read comfortably or just relax. Hope to hear from somebody soon. Blessings, La Wanda
Jenga
on 9/26/05 5:17 am - York, UK
Topic: RE: help...
I had this problem too early pre op. I found if I ate/drank really slowly and put my fork down between bites it helped. I also used children's forks so that I couldn't put so much in my mouth. We have our tums operated on and sometimes it takes a while for the head to catch up!
Teresa A.
on 9/17/05 10:21 am - Charlotte, NC
Topic: Anyone's Band Sipped????
Hi. I had the Lap RNY w/ Silastic Band (Fobi) on June 8, 2005. I am having some problems and am wondering if my band may have slipped. Anyone have this problem? If so, what were your symptoms? Thanks! Teresa
CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 9/17/05 8:43 am - Springfield, MA
Topic: RE: I stopped losing
Hello Peggy; have you check your Thyroid Glands? or may be other health issue that's preventing you to loose more weigh? May be you just hit one of those Plateu(not sure of the spelling.) I think you should check with your PCP to make sure there are no health problems or medications that are preventing you to loose more weigh and then with the surgeon. Best of luck! Celi/Massachusetts
Most Active