Recent Posts

abcmom44
on 1/15/06 10:58 am - Macon, GA
Topic: RE: Need Info about Fobi....Surgery next week
Hi Tammy, I've not had a revision, but I did have the fobi done in May. My stomach is transected, the pouch is completely cut from the stomach and then a band is placed around my pouch to prevent stretching and to keep food in the pouch longer. This is supposed to have greater long term results. I also have 18" of bowel bypassed. Now, I have alot of trouble with food. My doc is saying I have a stricture. He is just going by my symptoms. I have heard from a few other people with a fobi pouch with the same issues so I am not sure what is up. I cannot eat any meat, no pasta, I survive on string cheese. My pouch will only tolerate about 1 1/2 oz of food at once. Now weight loss-wise I'm doing terrific, I've lost 116 pounds in 7 months. But I feel tired all the time and look kinda sickly (I think) I'm trying to find out if this is a fobi issue or just my issue ya know? Email if I can give you any other info. I hope This gave you a little info. I wish you all the best. And congratulations on the babies!! Barb
tamaraw
on 1/13/06 6:26 am - Lima, OH
Topic: Need Info about Fobi....Surgery next week
Hi, We met with the sugeon today. My revision is the 23rd. He said we would be using Mr. Fobis procedure to fix the problem with my old gastric bypass. (Had twins and the opening between stomach and bowels stretched) Can anyone tell me the upsides and downsides of this procedure and have you ever seen it used in a revision. ANY info would be appreciated. I have to do a fast catch up here. Thanks Tammy
webdreamy
on 12/21/05 12:58 pm - Lancaster, CA
Topic: RE: Very excited
David is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDERFUL! He is such a sweetheart and made me feel comfortable, cared for, and smoothed the way for my insurance. This was awesome because on my initial consult he told me they might say no, but they didn't!! Yay you! I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you get your surgery. You want to have surgery around the time that I can eat *real* food again! I had my surgery on 12/13. Good luck. Angela
misspeaches22
on 12/16/05 8:44 am - rancho cucamonga, CA
Topic: Very excited
Well, I just spoke with David at Fobi center. He is sooo wonderful. He made me feel so comfortable about dealing with my insurance company. He will submit everything that they requested from my doctors and feel I should get my approval from there. Please keep your fingers crossed I am trying to be in surgery at least by February..... If anyone else is having trouble with their insurance company please post and let me know how things went.
april-rose
on 12/11/05 3:03 am - coldwater, MI
Topic: sapula wood pouch
Hey just wondering I know this is for fobi and I thought for a while fobi was alot like sapula wood pouch but now I am not to sure does anyone know anyone that has had this proceduer done I am getting ready to have it done and was wondering what to look forward to....april rose
Kimmer K
on 11/5/05 12:22 pm - GA
Topic: RE: Dr. Hixon in atlanta
Hi Tammy- Have you heard of Dr. Dennis Smith at www.advancedobesitysurgery.com ? He is a fantastic doc with great skills doing all wls lap? I only have 6 small scars from my surgery 3.5 months ago. Good Luck in your search, Kimmer 280/215/150 Halfway to goal!
abandster
on 10/31/05 8:35 pm
abandster
on 10/31/05 8:22 am
T. Kawanna W.
on 10/28/05 1:09 am - ATLANTA, GA
Topic: RE: Dr. Hixon in atlanta
HI. MY NAME I TOMEKA. I HAD MY FOBI POUCH DONE AUG. 1 2005.COMPLIMENTS OF DR. CLARENCE HIXON. HE IS A WONDERFUL DOC. VERY EDUCATED IN THE PROCEDURE. I HAVE DONE PHENOMENALLY WITH THE SURGERY NO COMPLICATIONS. THANKS TO HIS POST-OP INSTRUCTIONS. PAM, HIS OFFICE MANAGER IS VERY HELPFUL. ALSO, I THINK THAT YOU ARE MAKING A WONDERFUL CHOICE FOR A DOC. HIS AWSOME.
Maria L
on 10/20/05 12:40 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Topic: Basic Fobi Pouch info needed please
Hi all, I have a new WLS info site called The Road To Thin. It is getting many hits, and I am getting many emails from grateful folks who are researching surgery. Right now I have info on RNY, DS and lapband. I'd like to add info on Fobi Pouch. Can you please post here -- or email me -- the essential differences between other surgeries and Fobi Pouch... what the surgery is... and what "rules" are different (for instance, if absorption is different, lactose intolerance, etc.) Thanks for any and all info you can provide. You are helping others who are researching surgeries and/or who need reminding of what the "rules" and vitamin/etc needs are post-op. Maria 268/219/??? www.TheRoadToThin.com [email protected]
Most Active