Recent Posts

Laurie LOVES her DS
on 6/10/06 2:03 pm - Southern, CA
Topic: RE: What is a fobi pouch?
Dutchess Lisa, I had the DS and the vertical sleeve gastrectomy is the DS WITHOUT the intestinal rearrangement. Basically they remove the greater curvature of your stomach, and depending on the surgeon, leave a stomach shaped like a hot dog or banana ranging in size from 3 oz to 6 oz. Did you ask Dr Marchesini the size he will be making your stomach? There are 2 people in my support group at USC who have lost well over 100 pounds with the VSG. There is a forum right here on OH for VSGers ... For more info, please visit: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/ Best of luck on your upcoming surgery! Laurie
ronibug
on 6/1/06 2:31 am - Baypoint, CA
Topic: New here
Hi Im veronica and just finding out about the fobi pouch. I have been using this forum to help me stay on track as a women that is 250 and only 5 ft 2 inches I feel my weight is going to kill me. Thanks to you all for being here and sharing your stories. If theres anyone that would like to support each other let me know. as accountability for me is very important and other then this forum Im on my own. bless you all
Anahka57
on 5/21/06 3:05 am - Lakewood, CA
Topic: RE: Had my surgery on the 16th and need vitamin info
Thank you both for the response. I have been using chewable vitamins now and they appear to be working.
Tennille M.
on 5/20/06 6:36 pm - Conley, GA
I have not had my surgery yet, but I have done some research. I will be ordering a woman's total liquid multivitamin by Liquid Health. It found it for $21 for 32 ounces. A days serving is one ounce. If you are interested I can find the website and email it to you.
Barbara H.
on 5/14/06 11:31 am - La Mirada, CA
Topic: RE: Medical Alert Card
HI, I have used mine a few time. I go to a chinese buffet that lets me pay lunch prices, and Mimi's let me get childrens or half size portions, so does Olive Garden. I have had a couple of places say no, but they were also small restaurants and not chains. Have fun at Disney World and good luck with your band. I was banded ion 2/13/06 and love it. Barbara
dwswbw
on 5/3/06 11:16 pm - social circle, GA
Topic: RE: Medical Alert Card
Where do you get the card?
katydidit64
on 4/17/06 6:26 am - north port, FL
not sure about alternates but how 'bout trying to let your vitamins and supplemts dissolve in a small amout of water then swallowing them? Should taste perfectly horrid but might do the trick!
MichaelJfromPA
on 4/9/06 1:17 pm - bensalem, PA
Topic: Medical Alert Card
Hello, I wanted to know if anyone has ever used their medical alert card that you received after surgery? On the card it says the I can request a child's menu at resturant. I'm going to Disney World on Wednesday and I know that I still can't eat too much because I'm only 4 1/2 weeks post op, so I was hoping that I could save a few bucks on food. Has anyone had problems using the card? Thank you, Mike
W. Wait
on 4/2/06 11:29 pm
If you will go to www.fobipouch.com you will found out info.
DutchessLisa
on 4/1/06 5:19 am - Hyde Park, NY
I want to learn out about the fobi pouch, too. I'm scheduled for a gastric sleeve resection in June, but it's very difficult to research the procedure with that terminology. It sounds like a fobi pouch, though, except the stomach is made smaller and "stapled." If I find out anything helpful, I'll tell you!
Most Active