Recent Posts

Ganthony101
on 8/10/06 6:21 am - SC
Topic: RE: Dr. Hixon in atlanta
I use Dr. Maynard in Conyers. I have heard very good things about Dr. Hixon and his people. Have not heard any complaints at all from people online who have used him.
Nurse_researcher
on 8/8/06 12:42 pm - Rocklin, CA
Topic: What is life like for you after WLS?
Please help others understand how your life has changed following your weight loss surgery by participating in this short survey being conducted by nurse researchers at Case Western Reserve University. It will take about 10-15 minutes of your time and could make a big difference in helping nurses, doctors, counselors, and future WLS patients understand what it really is like for you! If your surgery was 2 or more years ago, please click on the link below or paste the address into your www address box to find out more about this research and to start the survey. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=483822414073 Thank-you! Deb Nurse Researcher Fellow WLS patient
John White
on 8/6/06 3:53 pm - CA
Topic: RE: Fobi Pouch..need help
On day 14 post-op, I'm very positive on my experience with the Fobi pouch. I had the lap procedure, so the pain and healing time was minimal (thinking about returning to work tomorrow). Worried about not being able to drink water easily, but for me that isn't a problem. Haven't really tried any problem foods, so no comments on dumping syndrome. Day 3 brought a ton of saliva production which I couldn't swallow (frothy saliva in the esophogas had to be thrown up), but I could swallow my saliva again by day 4. If I had to live my life with a spit-cup, that would have sucked.
Tennille M.
on 8/3/06 12:28 pm - Conley, GA
Topic: RE: Fobi Pouch..need help
Hi.. I am pre-op, but in Georgia BCBS paid for the RYN and I paid for the Fobi part. It is considered "experimental" here so it was not covered by the insurance.
oh2bthinforonce
on 8/2/06 3:06 am - Simi Valley, CA
Topic: Fobi Pouch..need help
Just wondering what you thought of it? What were your complications if any? How much weight have you lost and in how long? I am contemplating having it. I heard the guy who invented it is great. I was going to have the lap band but something keeps pulling me towards this. Also what insurance companies are the easiest to work with? My husband's company told him they will get whatever insurance we need to make it easy for us. Thanks for you help Gina
Tennille M.
on 7/28/06 10:36 am - Conley, GA
Topic: RE: Information please help
Hi there... I will be having the Fobi RYN on 8/8/06. I did research it and Dr. M.A.L. Fobi, who invented the pouch. I am 29 years old. Sure, I am a bit older than your daughter, but presumably I have another 50+ years to live. I do not want to stretch my pouch back out, eat more, and ultimately gain weight...thus the Fobi pouch. See, over time you will stretch your stomach out and eat more. Some can even stretch their stomachs out to the size of the natural stomach. Who wants that? Heck, who wants to be fat again? The Fobi pouch consists of 2 silicone rings. One is placed around the new pouch to keep in small. The other is placed where the new stomach attaches to the intestines. This keeps this area open and not close up with swelling or scar tissues as with regular RNY (open or lap). I believe that all doc's using the Fobi method was trained my dr. Fobi himself. The operation is RNY+Fobi. I am not sure if they are all open or not. My surgeon does open, so I will have an 1.5-2.5 in*****ision, depending on where my organs are located. The weight loss should be the same as with a regular RNY. I am a corrections officer, so I expect to be out a month abd return to work on light duty buntil cleared by my doc. My co-worker had the regular RNY (open) same surgeon w/o the Fobi. She returned to work in 2 weeks and was on light duty for 6. It just depends on your body. Walking, quit smoking (if you do), and increase water intake and recovery should not be long. I expect to stay in the hospital 3-4 days. If you can get AFLAC, that will pay for hospitalization and sickness. Most people loose 60-100# in their first 4-6 months.... I hope I could be of some help to you.
Barbara H.
on 7/19/06 10:22 am - La Mirada, CA
Topic: Information please help
Would you recommend the fobi pouch for a 17 year old girl. My grand daughter want to have it. I worry that it is to dangerous. I had the lap band 5 months ago and have lost 60#. What is the lose with the fobi? Also your recovery time.. I was homethe next day and back to work in less than 2 weeks with the band. Please Help Barbara
Sheila H.
on 7/4/06 2:18 am - Denver, CO
Topic: Clothing Swap - Link Inside
As I embark upon this journey, one of the things that I keep thinking about is "what in the devil will I wear??" I know, it sounds silly, even idiotic, but working where I do, myh appearance is somewhat important and I don't want to look like a slob as I lose weight. There are so many different sizes on this board, why not do a clothing swap? I can send you my 18/20/22's and someone else can send me their 14/16's. This way we can get that "wearing new clothes that fit and I'm happy" feeling and not have to spend an arm and a leg doing it. Of course, there will be some that abuse this, but those of us with our heart in the right place can make this work. I've created a group at http://wlsclothingswap.proboards39.com/ for both men AND women. I have created groupings of clothing sizes (write me if you can think of others!) and I figure we can just put each other in touch with the right people to get some clothes! I think we should either pay for the postage ourselves or send packages C.O.D. You can work it out with whoever you are working with. What do you think??
aaryn
on 6/29/06 6:25 am - Superior, CO
Topic: RE: sapula wood pouch
Hi, I am looking into the Sapala-Wood micropouch too. I would love to hear if you had it done or if anyone else out there has as well.
Ro Smiley
on 6/18/06 7:13 am - Charlotte, NC
Topic: RE: New here
Hi Veronica, I saw your post on the fobi pouch board. I had teh lap rny w/ fobi pouch on 11/18/05. My start weight was 255.5 and I am 5'3. I now weigh 171. I want to get down to 140, but am very happy with the progress so far. Good luck with your surgery & please let me know if you have any questions. R. Sperry
Most Active