Recent Posts

debic
on 6/11/07 2:05 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: i love filet mignon ... Fobi or RNY?
A lot of people have problems digesting beef post op Fobi or an RNY, especially steak. To be honest with you, I have had a reversal of my Fobi and there is no way I see Steak as something my stomach can deal with. Deb
Raze
on 5/26/07 5:37 pm, edited 5/26/07 5:39 pm
Topic: RE: Fobi Pouch..need help
old thread but i'll add my two cents for anyone who might pop in.... i'm only three months out of surgery but am very happy with the Fobi procedure. couldn't recommend it more. my weight loss has been tremendous (not the case for all with the Fobi pouch or any other wls, but still nice for me) and Dr. Fobi is indeed a great surgeon and his staff very professional. i know not everyone can have gastric bypass surgery performed personally by the man himself but if you can find a surgeon experienced in his technique by all means make it a serious option. and if you live anywhere in the western united states and can make a few trips to see him for your surgery certainly look into doing so. he is the very best their is.....

IMO

Raze
on 5/26/07 5:25 pm
Topic: RE: Medical Alert Card
i got one from my doctors office on my last visit. haven't used it yet and don't know if i will....although if it will save me money, who knows? right now i just take my leftovers home and eat them some other time. works fine for me....

IMO

Raze
on 5/26/07 5:23 pm
Topic: RE: Testing - ignore
ignore....no wai! 

IMO

Raze
on 5/26/07 5:08 pm, edited 5/26/07 5:08 pm
Topic: RE: Had my workup today in Hawaiian Gardens
^^ Don't worry now i'm posting a several months after you! Fobi 4 life

IMO

Raze
on 5/26/07 5:02 pm
Topic: RE: i love filet mignon ... Fobi or RNY?
I had the Fobi procedure and can't eat Filet Mignon or any other kind of steak like that. Thing is now that I have had this done I don't even want it.

IMO

Raze
on 5/26/07 4:58 pm
Cagledude
on 4/17/07 3:06 am - Lawrence, IN
Topic: RE: Anybody here?
Tonya, I just discovered this forum today.  Up until recently, I had only heard this surgery referred to as a banded RNY, so now I know it is also referred to as Fobi Pouch. My wife and I both had the Fobi Pouch surgery last April.  She had hers on April 7th and mine was on April 18th (so tomorrow is my Surgiversary).  We have done great.  I've been maintaining my weight for about 6 months now with a 140 pound loss.  My wife has lost 176 pounds and wanting to lose another 9 pounds.  She had a complication so they ended up doing another surgery removing her band, but she's still doing great. I will try to get on this forum once in awhile to check on everyone's progress.  Would love to hear from you.  I'm going on vacation Saturday for 10 days, but I'll get back to you if you write. Good luck. Floyd

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

ladytonya
on 4/9/07 7:12 am - Leicester, NC
Wow, there seem to be several of us on here who have used/are going to use Dr. Bauman.  He is great!  He can be a little dry and to the point, but I like him and his staff.  I had my initial consult on September 14, 2006, and my surgery on December 11, 2006.  I could have actually had it two weeks earlier, but that didn't work for my schedule or my husband's schedule so we went with the 11th.  I am 2 days shy of being 4 months out and have lost 117 lbs.  Just typing that amazes me.  I need to come around here more often.  Maybe if we start posting more, more people will join us on this board!

kdmm
on 3/25/07 8:40 am

Go****s nice to see some folks from my area.  I'm in Kannapolis.  I have my first appointment with Dr.B. on 4/25/07.  I have went ahead and scheduled some of the other appointments in April as well.  ( Dr. Kelling, Northeast Psyc. and obgyn) I have been researching weight loss surgery for about a year.  I want to find out more about the Fobi (banded RNY).  It never occured to me my insurance might not cover it. I guess I need to look into that.  Well, if I am approved at all.  I haven't got that far yet.  Hopefully there will be no problems. I am nervous and excited.  I've heard so many good things about Dr. Bauman and his staff.  kdmm   

Most Active