IRAYD8U
on 8/17/07 7:43 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
Topic: RE: What is a fobi
  • I copied this from www.webmd.com
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • In a traditional stomach bypass procedure, surgeons create a smaller stomach by stapling off a large section. The new stomach is called the "stomach pouch" because of its tiny size (about a heaping tablespoon), Fobi explains. When food is eaten, whatever doesn't fit into the pouch bypasses the upper part of the intestines, and thus cannot be absorbed into the body. Excess food goes straight through the gastrointestinal system and is eliminated.
  • A problem with the traditional procedure is that the staples can break down, causing the stomach to regain its original shape -- and patients to start gaining weight again. Also, the stomach opening that leads into the intestines, which in surgery is made smaller to allow less food to pass through, often stretches as the years go by.
  • With his technique, Fobi has eliminated the staples; he cuts the stomach into two parts, then hand-sews them to maintain the separation. He also adds a synthetic band around the stomach opening, to keep it from stretching.
Jeannie116
on 8/14/07 11:29 pm - Villas, NJ
Topic: RE: What is a fobi
I believe ir's like both proceedurers the gastric bypass as well as the band I think they use it so that in the long term you can't stretch the stomach for future weight gain
Nurse343
on 7/22/07 11:30 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: What is a fobi
does anyone know what a fobi is and how it differs from the others tried to look it up but couldn't find any good discripitions with illistrations and the pros and cons

flyrep
on 7/15/07 4:26 pm - AZ
Topic: RE: Dealing with the tenderness and the healing
Zee, thanks fo r the update. You will be in my thoughts and prayers! I hope your feeling better soon!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Ronda E.
on 7/12/07 7:00 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: OH Magazine Issue 3 2007
OH Magazine Issue 3 2007 is on its way to your mailboxes! The latest issue of OH Magazine features OH spokesperson Jackie Guerra, who updates our readers on her story since we last heard from her in Issue 2 2006. Her husband, Bill Torres, also is featured in an article titled Together where he talks about his relationship with Jackie. Readers will also be treated to the story of OH member Ramon Lopez, who was recently seen on the hit tv show Big Medicine. Other articles include Heart Health by cardiologist Shalizeh Shokooh; Completing Your Journey by Dr. Edward Domanskis; and Safe Exercise for Arthritic Joints by Mark Allen, MPT. We also provide delicious recipes; fitness q&a; and support group news. If you are already a subscriber, your issue is on its way. If you want to subscribe to this bi-monthly publication for the low cost of $25 for six issues, click on the purple word "magazine" on the top of the screen and follow the directions to subscribe.
Ronda Einbinder
OH Magazine
Public Relations/Staff Writer

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/07 10:20 am - FL
VSG on 04/19/07 with
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/07 10:15 am - FL
VSG on 04/19/07 with
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/07 10:13 am - FL
VSG on 04/19/07 with
darlene39
on 7/5/07 12:45 pm - olympia, KY
Topic: bread

I had my surgery the 18th, if i ate wheat bread would it hurt me?Or what could i eat?                                                                         Thanks darlene

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/07 2:20 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Topic: RE: i love filet mignon ... Fobi or RNY?
I have the RNY and I eat Filet Migon just fine.  It is extremely tender and I chew it well and have not had any problems at all. Hugs, Esther
Most Active