Recent Posts

darnell239
on 9/17/07 12:02 pm - Columbia, SC
Topic: Why so little activity on this forum
I'm one of those people who likes to read all the different forums to see what is new and what is going on with people and their procedures.  I am also having a revision surgery next month to the RNY.  My previous surgery was the mini-gastric bypass( I know most people never heard of it).  I wish I knew about this forum 7 1/2 years ago before I underwent the mini gastric bypass.  Too make a long story short I don't see a lot of posting and interaction on this forum.  On the left hand side I do not see where you can read exactly what the surgery entails.  I'm wondering if I should ask for the Fobi pouch as an alternative to a straight RNY.  Well, hope to hear something back from those of you who had the procedure.
jcruss
on 9/13/07 3:44 am - Longview, TX
Topic: RE: Fobi Pouch
How was your recovery?  How long were you in the hosp?  Were you able to go to work, how long.   What Dr. did you use?
Raze
on 9/9/07 9:10 pm
Topic: RE: Fobi Pouch
The Fobi pouch is a traditional RNY that uses sewing instead of staples and uses a silastic ring placed around the pouch to prevent pouch / stoma stretching over time. It also has a few other modifications to reduce risks and complications down the road. nothing major there, just little things he does that make sense for this operation. I uploaded an mp3 radio interview i have of him you can play on Windows Media Player. Its in a Zip folder: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R359ZWOJ Hope this helps. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

IMO

Raze
on 9/9/07 9:02 pm, edited 9/9/07 9:03 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone with medi-cal?
I had Medi-Cal and was approved for the Fobi pouch. of course medi-cal hardly pays, but Fobi will do his best to get you approved and do the surgery, anyway. He is in the Los Angeles, California area and no longer does the Fobi pouch for Medi-Cal patients, but more standard procedures as VGS, and his new surgeon has just done the first Lap-Band Fobi's center has ever done. If you want to know more send a message to my inbox and I can give you any info or referral numbers you may need. May take a couple of days to get back to you, but I will.

IMO

jcruss
on 9/7/07 4:55 am - Longview, TX
Topic: Fobi Pouch
I was going to have the DS done, I have not heard of the Fobi Pouch,  is there a sight I can find out more information?   I have been cought by the change in medicare I think I meet all the requirments.  Now I find out my Dr. is retiring so I am going to have to find a new Dr.  I hope in Houston ro in Tyler or Longview in East Texas.  Thanks for any help.
Amber F.
on 9/5/07 12:21 pm
Topic: Anyone with medi-cal?
I was just wondering if anyone with medi-cal has been approved for the banded RNY?  I know they cover regular RNY, so I thought maybe they cover the other.  Any kind of advice or reponse would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
lynn_2007
on 8/31/07 7:17 am - CA
Topic: Banded RNY vs. Fobi Pouch
Hi I am in the process of scheduling my WLS and wanted to know the difference between the Banded RNY vs. the Fobi Pouch, Question Mark   .  Does anyone have any statistics on their success as compare to the plain RNY?
lynn_2007
on 8/31/07 1:00 am - CA
Topic: RE: Fobi Pouch..need help
Hi I'm interested in the Fobi part, but my insurance won't pay for it.  Can you tell me what you paid for the "Fobi"  part of the procedure. Thanks
cybregrrl
on 8/30/07 4:03 am, edited 8/30/07 4:03 am - Charlotte, NC
Topic: Hi Y'all!
I'm new to the Fobi Board, but not new to OH.  I was originally slated to have RNY with another surgeon in my area, but had issues with the practice and found a new surgeon. Dr. Pirrello is awesome! When I saw he offered the Fobi, I wasn't sure what it was or did. After some research and some discussion with Dr. P, I decided to go Fobi. Call me silly, but I really didn't think about looking for a Fobi Board on OH. I've got friends on the RNY board and the Fobi isn't really that much different, is it? Anyway, I'm at the "waiting to submit to insurance" stage, where the surgeon has all the papers and I have to wait... and wait... and wait.... *sigh* I look forward to making some new friends here. If anyone is in my neck of the woods, give me a shout. Maybe we can meet up for some fun. Cy

highest/surgery/current/goal              450+/319/148/130

Raze
on 8/25/07 12:41 am, edited 8/25/07 12:41 am
Topic: RE: What is a fobi
^ this sums it up pretty well. he has also developed a new band / ring that reduces stretching further, and does a couple of small modifications to reduce the risk of complications down the road. my procedure has been very successful so far as weight loss is concerned (about 127 pounds lost almost 6 months post op) and i've had no problems.

IMO

Most Active