cybregrrl
on 10/2/07 8:12 pm - Charlotte, NC
Topic: RE: Hi Y'all!
*listens to the wind blowing through the trees*

highest/surgery/current/goal              450+/319/148/130

cybregrrl
on 10/2/07 8:11 pm - Charlotte, NC
Topic: RE: Banded RNY vs. Fobi Pouch
Hi, Lynn. The banded RNY and the Fobi are the same procedure, just different names. As the Fobi is a relatively new procedure, there aren't many statistics available. The main reason for the band is to prevent the stoma from stretching, causing long-term weight gain. Otherwise, it should have the same statistics as the standard RNY. Hope this helps! Cy

cybregrrl
on 10/2/07 8:09 pm - Charlotte, NC
Topic: RE: Why so little activity on this forum
Hi Darnell. I've no clue why the Fobi board is so inactive. I tend to post on the RNY board as I was originally going to get the RNY before I learned of the Fobi. As they're both rather similar procedures, the information on the RNY is still pertinent. I found this great site that explains the Fobi aka banded RNY. http://www.capellabariatricsurgery.com/banded_gastric_bypass .htm Hope this helps you make your decision. Cy

cybregrrl
on 10/2/07 8:06 pm - Charlotte, NC
Topic: RE: Fobi Pouch
The Fobi Pouch is also known as the banded RNY. I found a great site with excellent pictures and details. http://www.capellabariatricsurgery.com/banded_gastric_bypass .htm Hope this helps! Cy

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/07 11:47 am - FL
VSG on 04/19/07 with
Sharon D.
on 9/28/07 4:32 am, edited 9/28/07 4:33 am - Indian Trail, NC
Topic: RE: anybody having complications with fobi pouch
I just had this procedure done 9/21/07.  The only complications I have had so far is alot of nausea.  I was only to be in the hospital two nights and ended up six nights.  They wanted to keep me longer but I told them I wanted to go home.  It is very hard trying to get down 60 oz of fluid and 60 oz of protein in one day.  I went for my one week post op today and they said if I did not feel good by Monday or not drinking enough protein, I may have to get feeding tubes put in my nose for about a week.  So I am having to force the fluids down.  But they are staying down at least.  I have to be on a liquid diet two weeks from the surgery date and then go to puree foods after my second week visit with the nutritionist.  Everybody will be different, just remember that.  Good luck! Sharon D. from NC
darnell239
on 9/26/07 9:55 am - Columbia, SC
Topic: anybody having complications with fobi pouch
Hi Everyone, I am considering having a revision to the fobi pouch.  Unfortunately, there is very little activity on this forum.  Has anyone out there had any complications with the fobi pouch I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.
Sharon D.
on 9/19/07 7:50 am - Indian Trail, NC
I see you live in Texas, but if you go on my surgeons website, he has informastion on the different type WLS on the front page.  His website is www.Carolinaweightlosssurgery.com Sharon D. from NC
Sharon D.
on 9/19/07 7:29 am - Indian Trail, NC
I see you live in Texas, but on my Surgeons website, it describes the different types of WLS.  The website is "www.carolinaweightlosssurgery.com Sharon D. from NC
Most Active