Recent Posts

Sherri O.
on 11/19/07 3:00 am, edited 11/19/07 9:15 am - Jonesborough, TN
Topic: OH Events contest: where do YOU want us to come?
The 2007 event year is quickly coming to its end. We’ve had a lot of fun, met hundreds of people, made new friends, strengthened each other, and empowered ourselves to continue on our journeys. With the close of the 2007-year, our eyes turn to the future, to 2008. Where will we go? Our team has analyzed locations, researched demographics, met with support groups, consulted with area professionals for hours.. and HOURS.. and hours! We do this because YOU are worth it. It is our goal to reach out to as many people as possible. But, we can’t decide where to kick off the 2008 year! We’ve arm wrestled, had ping pong tournaments, basketball games and other battles of wills. So... we need your help to make this decision! We’re having a contest. Where do YOU want us to come to? Let us know! For the month of November, we will leave this post up. Reply and shout out to us where you want us to come to. If you have ever wished for OH to come to your area, now’s the time to speak up! Get your friends, surgeon and support group involved! Simply reply to this post and let us know the area you want us to come to. At the end of November, we will count up all of the votes and we will make the announcement in December. Rules of the game: -Since this is a member’s contest, you must be a member to vote -Each member can only vote once for the same area -Members CAN vote for multiple locations -One post, one vote. If you want to vote for another location, make a separate reply. -All votes have to be a reply to this one of the ‘contest’ posts -Due to logistics, we may not be able to come to the exact city requested, but we will come to that ‘area’ as close as possible. So now is the time to let your voice be heard! Where do YOU want us to come to?
J R
on 11/12/07 10:15 am
Topic: NEW on OH?Weight Tracker!

We’re always thinking up new ways to make your experience on ObesityHelp.com the best it can be, so we’re pleased to announce that the latest of the great tools we offer is launching now! Meet the new Weight Tracker, a simple-to-use tool that will allow you to see your weight and BMI changes over time in an easy-to-read graph.   

Weight Tracker is not just for people who are currently losing weight; it’s also a great tool for those of us who are trying to maintain a healthy weight. It’s easy for a pound (or five or fifteen) to creep back on. Weight Tracker will help you see those subtle changes happen so you can know when you may need to renew your efforts to get back on track!   

It’s fun and easy to share … and you can choose your level of privacy. We’ve even created a “widget” that allows you to post your results on your blog or other Websites with just a simple copy and paste! Click on over and give it a try!
Kimberly B.
on 11/4/07 8:32 am - Gardena, CA
FobiPouch on 03/11/92
dawnika
on 11/3/07 11:20 am - Lex., NC
Topic: RE: anybody having complications with fobi pouch
I had the fobi pouch done on Oct.4,06 It is working for me i have not had any complications i have lost 170pds so far.
Cagledude
on 10/17/07 1:35 am - Lawrence, IN
My wife and I both had the fobi pouch done in April 2006.  I have had no complications.  My wife had scar tissue build up around the band and they had to remove it with another surgery.  Since then everything has been great.  We are both at our goals.  I lost 140 pounds and she lost 190 pounds.   Floyd

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

madammomo
on 10/16/07 3:47 am - Valley Village, CA
Topic: RE: Anyone with medi-cal?

Please send me whatever info and referrrals that you can, I have medi cal and I am on social security disability (permanent) and I am=desparate. Thanks

Maureen

chunkymunky
on 10/9/07 11:32 pm - TX
Topic: RE: What is a fobi

Can the Fobi band also erode and slip as the lapband does?

darnell239
on 10/6/07 10:04 pm - Columbia, SC
crystal, my previous surgery was the mini gastric bypass.  I don't know if you ever heard of that surgery but there is a forum about it on this website.  I've basically regained back all my weight accept for about 30 lbs of it.  I'm hoping to have a revision to the rny and if the salastic band is placed over it I am hoping that will decrease the chance of putting the weight back on.  However, I do worry that that the band might cause complications. 
Mommy O.
on 10/6/07 12:05 pm

What kind of surgey did you have previously?

All i know is that the fobi pouch is exactly like a normal RNY only the selistic band is supposed to help to prevent weight regain in the long term. I dont think the band is supposed to help us loose more weight then we would with a simple RNY.

Good luck!

ladyfiji1
on 10/5/07 5:47 pm - mashantucket, CT
Topic: RE: Can a failed RNY be changed to a fobi pouch revision?
Hi, This is my first post and I'm hoping I can finally get my answers. My original RNY was also in 2001. I had it done in Fresno, Ca. but I'm from the east coast. I did good, in the end ,... 333lbs. to 225 and went from size 34 to a 14. I was so happy in my first six months and maintain it for about another year with great effort. I had a great routine and hoped to get to my goal of good health. Then, my husband was diagnosed with colon cancer, and the fight started. My life of course drastically changed to a sedintay one and major stress brought back some bad eating habits . Exercise routine was exchanged to sitting and reading to my husband. My focus is my husband and his good health. So, my weight has slowly creeped up to 245 and size 18-20. I lost my muscel mass that I had worked so hard for, but I look like I have gained more than I really have. I'm only 5 ' 3. This puts my BMI back in the morbid obese zone, over 40. I'm 54, diabetic and have other complications.  I call my RNY a failure also because, I never reached my goal and still have so many limitations. I'm still morbidly obese and over 100lbs. from my goal weight of 135. I want to take all of this off. I have ended where others have started. I wish to have a better quality of life and continue to care for my husband. Now, enough of medical and life history. ? please.... Can you have any kind of revision after a RNY? I had the lower hook up.with my RNY.  Can't remember if that is distal or proximal RNY. I was researching the Fobi as a means to continue my weight loss and get some help in the control over my food intake.We are in remission, in terms of the cancer, at the moment. I have a wonderful support system in place and want to give myself this time to get it back and  together. I'm sure my pouch has stretched.? So, which RNY did you have,  what revision did you get and did your insurance pay for it again ?Ho w much did you loose the first time and how much the second with the revision? How much time and effort on your part did it take. You are absolutly gorgous, so it worked. I have heard of a Fobi revision used for a Proximal gastric pouch. Have you? May I ask who was your doctor and from where is he out of? Would you say you were happy with your revision? Would you do it again? So sorry for this long post. I 'll try to post a short breeze next time, instead of a long wind. Gail
Most Active