Recent Posts

romans8vii
on 9/17/08 9:55 pm - Ft. Pierce, FL
Topic: RE: Can a failed RNY be changed to a fobi pouch revision?
Hi Regina!  I just read your blog this morning 9/18/2008.  I am considering RNY but have been very careful I get the right one--I am a major stress eater too and weigh over 100 lbs above my ideal--

What did you learn; how are you doing?    Gail
deborahdials
on 9/8/08 12:31 am - macomb, MI
Topic: weight gain
hi i'm deborah,  when i went into the hospital my weight was at 305 spent 11days there on liquid diet when i left my weight was 325 i'm confused please help me understand.
jamielynn11
on 9/7/08 11:12 am - Angier, NC
Topic: Hello
Is there anyone in this forum?
JamieLynn

Jean M.
on 9/5/08 10:33 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Topic: RE: Banded RNY vs. Fobi Pouch
Just want to mention than I have heard of some people getting a lap-band-over-RNY procedure (often as a revision after weight gain with RNY, but sometimes as a starting procedure).  In which case the band's tightness is adjustable by means of injection of saline solution through a port in the abdomen.

I don't know any statistics about it, though.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Jean M.
on 9/5/08 10:30 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Topic: RE: DO YOU THINK I NEED TO BE TIGHTENED?
Why have you only had one fill?

How much are you able to eat at one time?  1 cup? 2 cups?

How long do your meals keep you full?

Do you exercise?

How many calories a day do you eat?

Why are you drinking soda?  It's really not a good idea.  It's a stomach irritant (to give you an idea of how corrosive it is, road crews use it to clean blood and guts off the pavement after vehicular accidents), it can stretch your pouch, and it leaches calcium from your bones.

Did you know there's a lap-band forum here on OH?  Come visit sometime!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/LapBand/a,messageboard/boa rd_id,5359/

Jean

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

nikkishan
on 7/29/08 8:58 am
Topic: RE: My Fobi Pouch is gone!
that's right, but i'm not losing weight, i've gained.  i can eat as much as i want and whatever i want
estelle S.
on 7/29/08 6:45 am - Brant Lake, NY
Topic: RE: My Fobi Pouch is gone!
what does that mean ? your pouch is gone? you mean you have no stomach at all and it goes right to your intestines? is he concerned? are you losing to much?
nikkishan
on 7/22/08 10:40 pm
Topic: My Fobi Pouch is gone!
I had this surgery back in 2000.  Per my gGsterologist, I have no pouch.  My food is going straight through.  Has anyone else been told this?
nell4u
on 7/19/08 8:34 am
Topic: RE: Dr. Hixon in atlanta
Hi I am  using Dr Hixon also, I am trying to find out more about him. I meet him about 1 month ago, everyone I talked to said he was a very good Dr. I  fill sure he is but like you I would like to know more Thanks Nell
Most Active