Recent Posts

mirabella48
on 11/13/08 1:14 am
Topic: Any Fobi folks stop losing and now gaining after a few years?
Had my surgery done by Dr Fobi in 1999.   Saw another post where someone said there pouch had disappeared?  Is this possible? 
mirabella48
on 11/11/08 3:37 am
Topic: RE: My Fobi Pouch is gone!
I am really glad I just read your blog....I had mine in 1999....it seems like it's not working anymore.   I've been curious if you found anymore info out.  I've gained about half the wgt
back.  Would appreciate hearing from you.
mirabella48
on 11/11/08 3:29 am
Topic: RE: Hello
I had a Fobi pouch done in 1999, since then I have regained approx half the weight back (40 lbs)...if I had to do over, I think I would choose the lap band or O-Band method because it's adjustable.  At this time, I wish my procedure was adjustable.

I just read something about someone saying their Gastro doc said he couldn't see their pouch any longer and am now wondering if after several years the pouch disappears...
redheadtiff
on 11/8/08 10:33 am - Waxhaw, NC
Topic: BMI 35.8
Hi all, I am new here and am looking to get educated on the various aspect of WLS. I was referred by a friend from work. I have been overweight/obese all of my life and have reached the end of my rope. I know my insurance(Medcost) covers bariatric surgery and after talking to my friend, I think the Fobi pouch is the way to go to help prevent regaining lost weight...the bane of my existence thus far.
I have contacted the surgeon's office and am waiting for them to contact me back to get the process started. I'm wondering about co-morbidities.
Over the past several months I've become more and more sleep-deprived. My husband says I'm snoring like a freight train and I know I wake up at least 6 times a night. I don't know if it's my own snoring or if it's sleep apnea. Also, is gerd considered? I'm just so tired and sick of feeling like crap...and allowing my weight to hold me back in life. I'm done. I'm turning 40 next year and I think it's time.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Tiffany
Pollyann F.
on 11/3/08 7:41 am - china grove, NC
i am new here too...having my surgery 11-7-08 this friday!!! so hello to all yall!
Polly in NC  "People will for get what you say, they will forget what you do, but they will never forget how you make them feel" Maya Angelou

8 pounds lost pre-op
             Publication1           
charliesmom
on 10/24/08 9:22 pm - Redlands, CA
Topic: eating much less at 9 weeks post op than at 1-3 weeks
Hi- I had the Fobi Pouch RNY lap last August. I was able to eat 1/2 C cottage cheese for example, or 1 SF jello and 1/2 an applesauce for a meal. But now at 9 weeks post op I can only tolerate a tablespoon of cottage cheese for a meal.  It is hard getting all the vitamins down, basically I crush one and take it with water, once an hour. I am full most days just from taking the vitamins, but I still eat as much as I can from the plans my Dr. gave me. I just have been concerned that I am able to eat so much less before throwing up or having chest pain because the food is sitting in my throat.  Has anyone else experienced the pouch getting smaller? I have a check up appt in a few days and I think will ask them to do some labwork. 

Thank you,
Susie
Sheryl_Williams
on 10/1/08 12:28 am
RNY on 02/25/08 with
Topic: RE: Can a failed RNY be changed to a fobi pouch revision?
When you say you had a failed RNY, can you tell me more about it?  Did the procedure itself fail where you couldn't lose any more weight, or was it a failure to comply with the lifestyle?  I ask because I had surgery in 2/08 and I'm struggling severely.  I've lost only about 43 pounds in the last seven months, and do more plateauing than anything.  I'm doing step aerobics for 45 minutes and eating under 1500 calories a day, only to plateau.  I'm trying to find more information.  I've been back to my surgeon more times than I can say, and nothing is working.  I've had thyroid tests that come back within normal limits.  I'd like to find out more from others who have had similar situations, and what the end result was.

Thanks!
Sheryl Williams
To have what you've never had, you must do what you've never done.  Victories don't come at discount prices.
phobia
on 9/22/08 7:49 pm - New Zealand
hi there im new her im looking at getting a fobi pouch down.
charliesmom
on 9/21/08 1:47 pm - Redlands, CA
i visit this site- had Fobi pouch 8-08\

Susie
2teachers
on 9/21/08 11:27 am, edited 9/21/08 11:28 am - Oakboro, NC
I am :) I check here every once in awhile. There doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on here :(
Kimberly *Mommy to Cali May, born 7-16-08*
340/315/176/150
hi/sur/cur/goal

Most Active