Recent Posts

Pollyann F.
on 1/17/09 10:42 am - china grove, NC
Topic: RE: Surgeons
i do not have a list but my Surgeon is in NC. Not sure where u are located' Best of luck!
Polly in NC  "People will for get what you say, they will forget what you do, but they will never forget how you make them feel" Maya Angelou

8 pounds lost pre-op
             Publication1           
Barbara C.
on 1/15/09 10:39 pm - Raleigh, NC
Topic: Why are you doing this? xpost

I have a very long list of reasons that I did this, but I have a short list that I keep in my wallet, on the back of a 'fat photo' and on post-its on my mirror, in my car and in my kitchen.

I look at that list everyday and affirm to myself why I'm doing what I'm doing. If I am going to make a choice that is questionable, I review the list and ask myself if temporary pleasure is with the risk.

I'll share my list of why I'm doing this, please share your list of reasons you are doing this.

I am doing this because:

I want to live longer and healthier.

I want to provide a good, healthy example for my daughter.

I want to feel beautiful

I love feeling so much stronger and younger

I don't hurt all the time anymore.

I can fit anywhere and into anything; clothes, airline seats, booths.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/09 11:22 pm
Topic: Surgeons
Does anyone have a list of surgeons still doing the Fobi pouch?
Barbara C.
on 1/12/09 9:28 pm - Raleigh, NC
Topic: First Raliegh Area Get Together of 2009 this Saturday!

This is a social networking group for people who have had or are considering any type of Weight Loss Surgery through any practice. We enjoy chatting, exchanging tips, recipes, information and support. This is open to anyone who would like to join us. Please be sure to RSVP so that we can get a head count. You can rsvp at http://wls.meetup.com/101

Of course, because we are using their facility, the folks at the Golden Corral would like each of us to purchase our meal there while we use their facility. Their normal price is $7.39; if you are a senior or have a card indicating that you are a WLS patient your meal will be $6.79... btw...unlike the Golden Corral in Asheboro, the one that we frequent here in Raleigh doesn't add a tip to your bill, so if you want your server to receive one, you'll have to leave it for them.

I thought we could do a clothing exchange this month, if you are interested. Please feel free to bring things to exchange... but you need to take whatever you bring that isn't selected by some other lucky loser.

I also have some sample of protien products and catalogs that were sent to us by the folks at BariatricChoice.com and you are welcome to take some to try.

We look forward to seeing you!

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/09 10:20 am, edited 1/4/09 10:27 am - DFW area, TX
Binxalways
on 1/4/09 6:27 am - Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Topic: test
test

Kathy S.
on 12/30/08 1:40 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: Did You Move To Lose Today? Let's Get Back On Track!
Hey Everyone

How are you doing?  Are you like me and realizing this year is almost over.  I don't know about you but this year can let the door hit it in the a$$ on the way out.  It was not a good one for me at all   With my husbands health issues I let myself go and feel like crap and looking foward to getting
Back On Track   Not to mention all the heartach and suffering going on around us. 

Come on members and let's get this new year started right  Exercise is key to feeling well, strong and losing weight and keeping it off

Come on in and share with us, Did You Move To Lose and or Maintain Today?  If you are not working out, commit now, we are here for you  Be sure and stop by the
Back On Track Group and sign up now!  Together we can make 2009 the BEST EVER

Take care,
Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

lang415
on 12/26/08 2:45 am
Topic: RE: My Fobi Pouch is gone!
hi i had durgery under doctor fobi in 2003. I have gain some back but i must admit my eating habits have changed. If you work hard enough you can over ride the pou*****ertain ways. However, I use to walk at least 3 miles per day. My habits have changed the surgery is a tool to help u . We must do our part to watch our diets and excercise, this is  good practice for everyone.
Kathy S.
on 12/26/08 1:28 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: Calling all surgery angels - let's breath life into this program!
Hi Everyone 

I can't tell you what a difference it made in my journey to have a surgery angel guiding me all the way.  Holding my hand and just being there.  Mine was across the country and I loved her for all she did.

I see a lot of emails from members getting ready for surgery and are scared and posted asking for a surgery angel, with no responses.  I am seeing less and less posts from surgery angels asking for support comments on profiles, and other things that angels do for pre-ops and newbies.   

I was so scared before my surgery, and when I saw all the good luck wishes in my comment section I was so empowered.  When I had complications my surgery angel posted about it and all the commments again help me through a very rough time 

Please everyone, take a moment to go to this angel link and pay it forward to those that are just starting out 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/be+an+angel.php

Take care,
Kathy  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Eileen O.
on 12/2/08 12:46 pm - Blackwood Terrace, NJ
Topic: Recipes needed for Stage 2 eating-Mushy/Pureed
Hi I'm searching for some ideas/recipes for the Stage 2 eating - mushy/pureed foods. I enjoy cooking and would like to make stuff at home that is flavorful. That said quick and easy foodstuffs is needed too.

I remember someone once posting a refried bean idea, someone else posted something that she said tasted like "Hoagie Dip" and some else wrote about ideas for crustless pizza ideas.

Any and all ideas welcome for high protien meal ideas with real food (not just shakes) that can be eaten during the "Mushy/Pureed" stage.

Thanks all -
Eileen
Powerful Women's Motto : Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says, "Oh Noooooo....SHE's awake!!"
Most Active