Recent Posts

robynann
on 2/2/09 12:42 pm - la puente, CA
Topic: RE: Surgeons
if i am not mistaken dr fobi is still performing this surgery in hawaiian garden/Lakewood area in california

ROBYNANN

mrsmabrya
on 2/2/09 10:44 am - Decatur, GA
Topic: RE: How does the Fobi Pouch differ from RNY?
Hi Tammie, The surgeon that I have chosen does the fobi pouch, in fact he recommends it. It is a modification to the Roux N Y gastric bypass The surgery uses a silastic ring band around the stomach that functions as a stoma. I was told that it was most costly as well..oh yeah with more weight loss. Alot of patients I have spoken with have many problems keepin food down even after months and years have passed with the Fobi.....so I don't know what else to say to that. Hey I say make a informed decision!
 ~Freda
  SW:350 /CW:190 /GW:180                              
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/09 1:50 pm, edited 2/1/09 1:51 pm
runningagain
on 2/1/09 4:15 am - NY
ljr830
on 1/30/09 7:43 am
Topic: up chucking everything
Hi everyone;

My sister had surgery 3 months ago and was going well, but now she seems to be up chucking everything she eats including water.

she went to the doctor he said her tub is to small and they will have to go in and streach it so that she can eat with out sending it back up.

Has anyone had this happen to them, if so please let me know what the out come was.
Thank you
dr_saggums
on 1/30/09 12:54 am - India
Topic: RE: Surgeons
that very good
DeltaKid
on 1/23/09 1:00 am, edited 1/23/09 1:01 am - Redlands , CA
Topic: RE: how do I get in 60g of protein a day??
Theres protein mix called BariCare it come in vanilla,chocolate and a creamy custard pudding its really easy and convenient you can mix it with 2 or 4 oz of water so theres no waste.You can find  baricare online at wallgreens or go to Dave Chambers website at  www.liquidbariatricvitamins.com   Dave also sells a liquid vitamin that tastes like apple cider its a wonderful product. I also found a Protein mix call Z PRO 25 it comes in a 1.5 oz package and can be made into a pudding or shake its a little pricey but it has 25 grams of protein per package and baricare has 20 grams of protein per package.Both products are made for bariatric patients.If you were to have three 2 oz baricare shakes or puddings a day you would be at 60 grams a protien a day.Good luck.
minnamae
on 1/22/09 1:34 am
Topic: RE: Anyone with medi-cal?

I'm disabled and receive SSI and medi-cal as well. I live in southern california. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with getting approved for the lap-band surgery. Any bit of information will be appreciated.

Larry Tipton
on 1/19/09 1:04 am - Marshalltown, IA
Topic: WLS Community on YouTube!!!
There is a great community of people on YouTube who have had WLS or are considering it...  If you haven't been there and watched some of the videos I think you are missing something. 

Some of the best are...

http://www.youtube.com/user/massagegoddess
http://www.youtube.com/user/watchmegetskinny
http://www.youtube.com/user/ourdoover

Lots of information is out there...

cuppyb
on 1/18/09 9:24 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with
Topic: Please help me with my thesis.
Hello

I am a WLS patient and also a masters student working to complete my thesis.  I have selected "Obesity discriminiation in the workplace, and the impact WLS has on your work life."  I am collecting data from WLS patients and would appreciate your support in completing an 11 question survey that takes no more than 5 minutes to fill out.  

Results are confidential and you will not be asked to reveal your identity at anytime during the survey.   I am comparing results from WLS patients versus hiring managers to see if there is a correlation in theory that overweight individuals are discriminated against in the workplace, and what happens once we lose weight following surgery.  

Below is the link to my survey.  I appreciate any support you can give me.   Thank you for your time & consideration.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=dN_2bk5wpFVlr_2fBYH6Q iXLug_3d_3d

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

Most Active