Recent Posts

cjstetso
on 3/12/09 1:45 am
Topic: RE: Post surgery skin removal
I don't know if he has documented them, but I will certainly pass your message to him.  Thank you so much for your response.
kayebadoe
on 3/12/09 1:25 am
VSG on 08/11/08 with
 Has he documented yeast infections in the skin fold? I believe if that is done and his Dr recommends it as a health issue it will be paid for, and not considered plastic surgery.
I don't have any regrets, they can talk about me plenty when I'm gone....Bob Dylan
raineestorm
on 3/7/09 3:47 am
Topic: RE: OLD TIMERS... I GOT A QUESTION!!!!!
 I am new to this site. I had the fobi pouch in 1989. I was 502 lbs I lost down to 220 lbs I now weigh 260 lbs I am thinking about a revision. I think I have done well for the length of time that has passed  since my operation. Life has been so much better for me
Amanda Miller
on 2/27/09 8:41 pm - Cleveland, OH
Topic: Cleveland's Newest Plus Size Consignment Shop
Hi all.. I know I just posted something on this.. but this will be my last one for awhile, I promise!

Grand Opening is tomorrow!! (Sunday March 1st)

Curvy Consignments will be having their GRAND OPENING on Sunday March 1 ~ 10am to 4pm.
Clothing sizes 16 or XXL and up, Shoes 7 and up, Purses and Accessories.

50/50 split on sales
8 weeks at full price, 4 weeks at 50% off.
Can pick up your money anytime during the sales period.

Curvy Consignments
13902 Puritas Ave
Cleveland, OH 44135
216-251-9591
www.curvyconsignments.com
[email protected]

Please call with any questions or to set up a time to drop off your clothes!

Amanda Miller
Owner

Curvy Consignments
13902 Puritas Ave
Cleveland, OH 44135
www.curvyconsignments.com
Plus Size Consignment Shop in Cleveland

Down 112... 46 to go.

pattipetro
on 2/27/09 4:29 am - Covington, GA
Topic: RE: Surgeons
I am hoping to have RNY with Fobi pouch very soon,,,,,,,,,awaiting insurance approval.  My surgeon is Dr Celio O. Burrowes in Atlanta, GA.  He trained under Dr. Fobi.  Good luck.
Virginia H.
on 2/25/09 8:59 pm - forked river, NJ
Topic: Looking for Sharon
Looking for Mistymom 1950. This is Ginny dexterslab35. Hope to talk to you soon.
qwnpixie
on 2/22/09 5:48 am - Sherman Oaks, CA
You know, I think burn centers (large private one's, like The Grossman Burn Center in Sherman Oaks) may consider such a arrangement. I know they could use large amounts of skin for grafts and such. You may want to try their outreach coordinator. They're really friendly over there, you may just get lucky.
runningagain
on 2/14/09 9:59 pm - NY
Topic: RE: How does the Fobi Pouch differ from RNY?

Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much for filling me in on what the FOBI is.  I wish I had known about it before I had my RNY.  I would have asked my Dr. about it.  It sounds like great assurance to know that the bottom part of your stomach won't stretch out.  Have a great day!

Tammy :-)

karenyhb
on 2/14/09 8:41 am - Greensboro, NC
Topic: RE: How does the Fobi Pouch differ from RNY?
I have the Fobi pouch and it is regular RNY gastric bypass but with a small silastic ring at the bottom of the stomach that is supposed to prevent it from stretching out later on.  I am 14 months out and have had no problems at all from it.   My surgeon doesnt charge extra to add the Fobi.  My surgeon just calls it extra insurance to preven weight gain in the future.   I hope this helps.  Karen
cjstetso
on 2/12/09 9:32 pm
Thanks so much, that is definitely a place to start!
Most Active