Robyn May
on 11/15/13 11:13 pm - FL
RNY on 11/15/12
Topic: One Year Out Finally!

I reached one year out as of yesterday!

I had the Fobi Pouch

My HW 269, CW 139 at 5'0

Size 26/28 to a 10/12

I want to also post all my Before/After pics to celebrate but I'm not sure how to

slm139
on 11/4/13 8:58 am - Mt. Juliet, TN
Topic: RE: Getting back on track... you can do it
Your post sounds just like my story. i am going to lose this 31 lbs I gained. I am 11 yrs out and the last couple of years went overboard and just stopped eating the right way. no ones fault but my own but I feel like I can take control again and lose the weight. thank you for the encouraging post. sherry in tn
slm139
on 11/4/13 8:43 am - Mt. Juliet, TN
Topic: Nashville TN Support Group
Hello, I am 11yrs out from surgery and over the past 2 years have gained 31 lbs and I know its due to eating very wrong and not exercising. I am trying to get back on track and need to locate a support group close to Nashville TN. Anyone know of any? thanks Sherry
Debbie B.
on 10/27/13 4:31 am - Pembroke, GA
Topic: gastric bypass

Has anyone heard of bacteria overgrowth caused by gastric bypass?????

lozzen
on 9/26/13 9:19 am
Topic: RE: Stomach pain

i have had fobi pouch i believe in 2000 this year alone i have gained 60lbs  i have never thrown up but i get this awful pain in my stomach that brings me to my knees i have kaiser now. i have taken good care of my self but now im starting to panic because of weight gain nothing i do brings my weight down

cbair1720
on 9/23/13 6:30 am

(I have joined on behalf of my wife.  Home computer broken)

Arteassia1, 

My wife complained of stomach pain and vomiting, saying it felt like she swallowed glass.  She is 12 years out from her Fobi pouch surgery and her surgeon is long gone.  She went to another surgeon *****moved the "lower ring".  Is this the Silastic ring?  She is one month out from that surgery and still having the same pain, etc.  How long is the return to "normal"?  We are wondering about what to do next?

Arteassia1
on 9/20/13 1:44 am

Yes I am having that problem now. Go have the Silastic ring removed  you have erosion.

Arteassia1
on 9/20/13 1:42 am
Topic: RE: Erosion, Ulcers and so on

Please do not have the surgery with the silastic ring I am have the ring remove because of erosion, ulcers on 10/03/2013. This is the worst pain I have ever had I had the fobi pouch procedure in 2004 and I have had constant stomach pain. All the research is true you have stated above I still vomit and have sever vitamin deficiencies do not do it!!!!!!

Gracie07
on 9/17/13 7:34 am
Topic: RE: What is the best protein shake?

I like the protein from Sams Club. But everyone has their own preference. I have tried many many and that is my favorite. The unflavored protein is good. I hope this is helpful.

wittyme
on 9/16/13 9:41 am
Topic: RE: support for skin

I am so terribly sorry for your issues. ): I think you may want to talk to a psychologist that is knowledgeable in the after effects of WLS. I absolutely have to disagree with you that you are a "monster" or a "mutant". Now, you are healthy, with a lot of life left to live. That is amazing all in itself. Have you discussed this issue with your insurance company? They may be able to help you by covering it. Rashes, are one related issue that will help an insurance cover the procedure. Think about it. Smile. You are worth it !

Most Active