Recent Posts

StaceyNJ
on 5/22/09 11:24 am - Brick, NJ
Topic: Please come join us!
A new Weight loss support group has been formed via Facebook....it is the :

NJ WLS Group

We would like to welcome All members of OH - regardless of what type of surgery you have had or state you call home.

This is a secret facebook group - it will not show up in your Facebook profile and only Admins can invite members.

If you are interested please PM me and I will send an invite to you - we look forward to meeting everyone!

Stacey

LaShelle2
on 5/19/09 11:20 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Topic: GA Meet N Greet Saturday May 23 Stockbridge

Come Join The Georgia OH Forum

for

An Evening 

of 

Music In the Park

picnic.jpg

When: 
  Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 6:30pm - 10:00pm

Where: 

Memorial Park  

106 Jennings Way 

Stockbridge,  GA 30281

Music_in_the_Park_Logo.jpg

Who:   Everyone is welcome! This event is for pre-and post op wls patients, supporters, spouses, children, and friends.

***There will be plenty of children in the park for this family friendly event,  so feel free to bring your kids.

Bring:  Chair or Blanket,  Picnic Dinner,  Coolers, sunblock,  
                 bug spray, etc. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited  
                 in the park, but coolers are welcome.  Many
                 people (including me) bring a bottle of wine and  
                 I have never seen anyone question them, but  
                 be aware of the policy and be discreet if you  do.

Dining:
Bring your own picnic dinner.  Limited concessions 
                 are available.  Most people bring their own.

Cost:   FREE Admission and FREE Parking !!!

Enjoy: -
Music from "The Regulars"  playing a variety of 
                 oldies, R&B,  Hip Hop, Country, Rock ... something  
                 for everyone!  

- Fellowship with friends and family.

- Romance with your swetheart.

- Relax under the stars. 

- Walking trail, Playground,  Basketball, volleyball. 

- Clean Public Restrooms are available. 

- Event is acessible to whelchair bound guests. No 
                 stairs or hills to climb.

Directions:  Please MAPQUEST the address above.    Travelling 75s from Atlanta take exit 228 Hwy 138. Turn Left off exit. Follow Hwy 138 until it dead ends at the WalMart and Zaxby's. Turn Right onto N. Henry Blvd.  Travel approx 2 miles. Turn Right onto Tye Street at the big yellow Car Title sign. If you cross over the bridge at Food Depot, you have gone too far. Look for the green and white MUSIC IN THE PARK signs. 

Travelling 75n from Macon/Mcdonough take exit 224 Eagles Landing Pkwy. 
Turn Right off of exit.  Imediately get in left turning lane across from Chic fil a. Turn Left onto Rock Quarry Rd.  Go past the Hospital. Turn Left onto Banks Rd at top of the hill by the Citgo and carwash. Turn Right onto Tye Rd at the bottom of the hill.  Turn right onto Second st. Look for the green and white MUSIC IN THE PARK signs. 

* There will be several City of Stockbridge vehicles directing traffic in the area. They will help you if you get lost. If you made the last Meet N Greet at Forest Resteraunt,  Tye Street is just down the street at the next right turn.

LOOK FOR OUR GROUP BY THE TIKI TORCHES!

R.S.V.P. :  Please respond to this post or send me a PM. 

Questions:
  Please call me anytime at 678-860-8806.   

I look forward to meeting some new and old friends!

ChristopherRouxenY
on 5/18/09 1:15 am - windsor, CT
Topic: RE: Wishing I didnt ever have the surgery?
Have you called the Doctor? Maybe there is something wrong? Sounds like you shouldn't be in that much pain! I was sore for only three days and tender alittle afterwords, but what you are describing is worrisome. Call the Doctor and tell him he needs to check you out! Keep me posted and let me know how you are doing!  Chris
kbanks212
on 5/17/09 3:05 am - sherman, TX
Thank you for your kinda words, Today I woke up and I can hardly walk, i t is so painful, when I did get up Im throwing up some blood, which ive had pain inside of my stomache not near the insion but inside.Im scared.I never had painn like this it is constant pain, seems like it started at my legs, then went to my left fingers, then to my feet and now my ankles  and my right arm, elbow , shoulder and neck...My mom is a nurse and she thinks that I may have heart failure, from not getting the things im needing and all  these symptoms are happening...I dont even think the dr will reverse it if i wanted it but i cant live my life like this at all.. I just want to go back, being fat and having high blood pressure wasnt nothing compaired to this....
Kimberly
ChristopherRouxenY
on 5/16/09 10:48 am - windsor, CT
What you are going through right now is normal! Half the depression you are feeling is really driven by your mental hunger for food. Although you don't feel hungry, your mind is missing the foods in which gave you comfort. As far as the health concerns, don't worry to much, the doctors can and will fix the problems. Depression is normal after surgery, this was a major surgery and your body and mind will and do need to adjust. Give yourself time and tell your husband to push you into keeping busy and active, exercise will drown out the depression. I was 452 lbs roughly a year ago. I was 418 pre-op, 4 weeks ago. I now weigh 348 and went down 4 pant sizes and two tea shirt sizes. I had blood pressure, sleep apnea, severe acid reflux, weakened knees etc. All I take now is my vitamins. I sleep all night long, have no depression, and love every moment of this new life. I must have told myself, Chris what did you do to yourself??? I said it after surgery at least twenty times. Now I say it because I can't believe I abused my body so much. DO me a favor, give it one month before you change your mind, love yourself enough to save your life and live a long new life. Find the joy within that you never had before, just wait, this too will end. You've spent years hating yourself because of your weight, which is why you made the decision to change, give it time! The surgery will never fail you, only you can fail it! I will keep you in my prayers and hope God blesses you with the strength to surrender your fear, ease your pain and strenghten your courage, you can do this, I know you can!!!  Your friend, Chris
kbanks212
on 5/16/09 2:51 am - sherman, TX
Topic: Wishing I didnt ever have the surgery?
Ok i am 9 days post op and I wished I never had this surgery.  I feel like I have lost me.emotionaly I am having a hard time dealing with this change.I want to go back to normal.I have had some complications, I got a bacteria in my stomache, which can cause it to eat my stomache away, and ive gotten a rash from the medicines I ve had to take. I cant drink the protein drinks now they make me really sick.I feel like this is the worste thing I ever done. but when I thought it was goinng to be the best.. my husband is hurting so bad cause he just sees me cry all day every day..I am on a anitdepressant and have been for a year now. but it seems its more than that.. my whole thinking is messed up... I want this reversed but how do I do it? Will they even do it? I m scared.. I havent told my dr yet  but I plan on telling him next week...Please someone help me understand why I want to not have it now...If they reverese it can you go back to your self again? How do you get them to reverse it?
Kimberly
Barbara C.
on 5/13/09 6:54 am - Raleigh, NC
Topic: Do you know what your 'ideal' body weight is? xpost

There is a lot of discussion about the percentage of excess body weight we might lose with any type of WLS. The average percentage of excess body weight lost with RNY, the most common of the WLS' is 60 to 80 percent. Generally, if you lose less than 50 percent or regain to a point that you are at 50 percent, you are no longer considered successful.

So... How, do we know how much we are 'supposed' weigh? Sometimes our Dr's will tell us what we should weigh, some don't. BMI tables are helpful, but they only tell us part of the story. In order to really know what are ideal body weight 'range' is, we need to also factor in our frame size. How many times have we thought we had a large frame? Some people actually do. I am just over the board from medium to large framed, but I use the medium frame weight guidelines for determining my weight range.

The following website link can help you to quantify what your 'ideal' body weight should be, so that you can calculate your percentage of excess body weight loss should be: http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html 

Please know that I'm not making any judgements about what YOU 'should' weigh. Your goal weight is between you and your Dr. You may decide that you want to be an 'average' weight, which may be different from a 'normal' weight, which may also be different that an 'ideal' weight. As long as you are healthy and able to live your life well, whatever weight you set as your goal is great!

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

musicpro2000
on 5/6/09 11:43 am
Topic: RE: up chucking everything
I had gastric in dec of 04. I went through periods of nasia, then better, then upchucking& back to normal. Then it would start all over but maybe in a different pattern. After about 18 months it quit. Now I feel sick alot but never get sick. I might wait awhile before I had something else done. Just my opinion !!!

Paul
Barbara C.
on 5/1/09 10:51 am - Raleigh, NC
Topic: How do you get your protein? (xpost)

When I first had my surgery through DukeWLS, I had no choice but to consume protein drinks for 3.5 weeks. UGH!!! I honestly think if I ever see another BOOST or ENSURE I just might launch it at someone. I honestly, have tried a number of 'mixes', but never found one that I much liked.

I prefer to 'eat' my protein and find that if I follow the rule of eating my protein first, I can routinely get in at least 60 milligrams of protein a day.  Shrimp and seafood as a whole have always been an easy go to for me. Poultry was a little more hit and miss at first, but now that I'm nearly two years out, I can eat any meat and/or hard boiled eggs without any problem at all. The other easy go to item was and has been beans. Beans of all sorts. A a really safe bet when I'm out and about is Wendy's chili. If I'm at dinner or lunch and I'm out, I'll often select a spinach salad with grilled shrimp or chicken.

Milk is another easy go to, as is yogurt and cheese... I just have to keep an eye on the fat content and if I'm not careful lactose intolerance can raise it's head.

Sooooo... What do you like to eat to get in your protein?

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active