Recent Posts

Lorrainecma
on 9/19/15 8:15 pm
Topic: RE: Weight Gain...Help!

I could give you a laundry list of surgeries and crap that i have been through since surgery. We all know that number one NO SODA. Number two get back to the standard on high protein low carb. We all fall off from time to time. Get back on the wagon and prove the world wrong!!! You can do it!

Rkinsler69
on 9/16/15 11:45 am
Topic: RE: Weight Gain...Help!

I ha e the same problem and would like to know the answer also.  MI e was just my knee and having knee replacement. 

cm102869
on 9/2/15 3:06 am - Concord, NC
FobiPouch on 03/15/12
Topic: Weight Gain...Help!

I had my surgery (Fobi pouch) 03/12 and was doing fine and went from 266 lbs to 159 lbs and after almost 2 years I cracked the bone in my foot and had to have a bone graft, metal plate and 6 screws and have a little nerve damage on the side. It took a year to heal where i could actually do something on it. I didn't get to exercise and then started working from home. Since I was by myself while everyone was working I started back on sodas...ugh. Anyways I don't over eat and I can only drink around 20 ounces of drink a day no matter what I drink. Well it has been 1 1/2 years since my foot surgery and I knew I had gained some weight back but was afraid to get on the scale. Well I did today and I have gained 47 lbs back...OMG I am now back up to 205 lbs!  I need help on how to get the weight back off. I know exercise and stop the sodas but what else. I hope I have not messed my surgery up...What do I do?

danielle30
on 7/30/15 11:13 pm
Topic: RE: FOBI POUCH REVISION

I had my procedure done in 1999 by Dr. Fobi office. Since then I've gone through so much.  Some ups and some downs.  I've been dealing with pains in the lower part of my stomach.   I'm not sure if anyone else is going through this but wanted to share. I've been seeking medical advice on trying to get me to a point of being able to have a somewhat normal life.  These pains have restricted me from doing so much.  I hope others out there keep smiling and know you're not alone. 

srgchica
on 4/12/15 8:49 am

Hi Jazi4me,

I also had surgery back in 1988, ( the sapling and the band) but I am now having problems with my band.  Doctors said it needs removing.  If you are still on this board, please tell me about your RYN experience.  Does this mean you do not have the Fobi pouch.

Thanks,

srgchica

Kathyjs
on 3/17/15 2:01 pm
Topic: Polish nurse

13 years ago I was on this board many many times a day and if I am not mistaken this same post about. 'Telling ' your story was here also? Before giving out info be careful

Harleygirl2
on 9/13/14 1:28 am - Redlynch, Australia

I am in Australia and I'm getting a Fobi ring put in over my bypass in 4 sleeps, I lost all restriction after 4 strictures were stretch too early after surgery. 

norweignbaby
on 8/30/14 9:03 am
Topic: RE: anybody having complications with fobi pouch

I HAD THE SURGERY DONE AND FIVE YEARS AFTER I HAD IT, I ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL TO HAVE THE "RING" REMOVED. IT COMPLETELY CLOSED MY ESOPHAGUS. I WENT PARALIZED ON MY RIGHT SIDE, VOMITED ALL THE TIME, FINGERNAILS FELL OFF, MY HAIR FELL OUT, MY VISION TOTALLY CHANGED AND NOW WEAR GLASSES, MY TEETH FELL OUT MY MOUTH BECAUSE OF BONE LOSS. MY BODY WAS FEEDING ON ANYTHING IT COULD TO STAY ALIVE.  WHEN I WAS AT UCLA IN SURGERY, 7 OTHER PLEOPLE WERE HAVING IT REMOVED AS WELL. A FRIEND, WHO I WILL CALL BARBARA, DIED FROM THE SURGERY.  DO NOT DOI IT PLEASE.  I HAVE HAD A STROKE AND MY NEUROLOGIST BLAMES IT ON THIS SURGERY.

norweignbaby
on 8/30/14 8:48 am, edited 8/30/14 8:49 am
Topic: I had the fobi pouch

I almost died from the surgery,  The band completely closed my esophagus. All my intestines went up into my chest, I had a complete closure.  I went paralyzed on the right side and had right foot drop, my hair fell out, my fingernails feel off, I lost 10 teeth within two weeks and had complete bone loss, my eyesight went as well and glasses were needed.  My body was feeding on itself.   Do not have this surgery.  This happened five years after the surgery.

GrammaAnn
on 8/13/14 2:56 am - OH
Topic: RE: Revision to Fobi Pouch

I too would love to hear of someone who has had Roux-n-Y, that had a revision to include the Fobi Ring.  I began at 351, lost down to around 190 lbs now is back up to 258 lbs.  No matter what I do, I can't get the pounds out.  I just recently heard about the Fobi Ring and it seem like a light at the end of the tunnel for people like me. 

Most Active