Recent Posts

Georgie11
on 8/21/11 3:55 am
Topic: RE: silastic ring?
I have had the same problems and haven't found anyone else to talk to.  I am 4 1/2 years out and haven't never gained a pound back but my labs are trashed and I am so tired all the time.  I get sick a lot and have a lot of problems with my teeth.  How are you doing now?
riley6755
on 8/19/11 3:20 am - NC
Topic: RE: question
I didnt have to do a liquid or fast for my pre-op. My surgeon just wanted me to lose 5-10 lbs within the 2 weeks prior to surgery date but said i could lose the weight any method i wanted...i just went on a low calorie diet. i had to do liquid diet for 2 weeks post-op.
Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/18/11 2:20 am - Baltimore, MD
Topic: Bariatric Foodie got a facelift!

Well…that’s probably not accurate. BF is not quite old enough to NEED a facelift. She got an EXTREME MAKEOVER!!!

With that extreme makeover some things are a’changing on the blog and how you can interact with it.

If you already read Bariatric Foodie, thanks so much! Please check the blog out to find out how you can continue to receive notices and information in the way that you have been doing.

If you don’t currently read Bariatric Foodie, why not??? There are tons of recipes for everything from protein shakes to desserts to drool worthy, protein-packed, ooey, gooey cheesy, creamy, spicy, savory, down home good food on there!  Get with the program!!!

Check out www.bariatricfoodie.com and be sure to let me know what you think of the digs.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

angelface512011
on 8/8/11 7:45 am - GA
Topic: RE: is silastic ring considered fobi pouch?
HI MY NAME IS ROBIN I JUST HAD THE FOBI POUCH BYPASS ON JULY 25TH I'M IN MY 2ND WEEK AND ALL OF A SUDDEN I CAN'T EAT NOTHING OR DRINK ANYTHING IS THIS NORMAL .I CALLED MY DOCTOR'S OFFICE SHE TOLD ME TO GET SOME HOT LIQUIDS DOWN ME  IT WAS PROBABLY THE SALIVA. I FEEL SO WEAK .I GO WEDNESDAY FOR THE FOLLOWUP .I HAVE LOST 29 LBS SINCE SURGERY . ANY COMMENTS ,SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
shan1973
on 8/5/11 6:13 am - GA
Topic: question
Has anyone had the surgery and did not have to do the liquid diet or any type of fasting my doc is not requiring one is that unusual
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 8:27 am - Cincinnati, OH
Topic: RE: POST-OP SUPPORT GROUP
 Hello Everyone

I am sending out this announcement with much regret........White PLains HS has removed our group from their facility, therefore our Support Group will no longer meet. Wednesdays meeting is cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience.

However, I am currently seeking to find another place and if you have any ideas, PLEASE let me know a.s.a.p
Barbara C.
on 7/31/11 11:16 pm - Raleigh, NC
Topic: Bariatric Surgery Aftercare Symposium

I am absolutely passionate about the subject of long-term aftercare for the bariatric community to support our long term success and health no matter which tool you choose.

I'm excited to be working with Dr. Eric DeMaria to host a Bariatric Surgery Aftercare Symposium featuring speakers that are authors and experts in the field of Bariatric Surgery and have a passion for need to have a robust aftercare program for bariatric patients to ensure long term health and success for all of us. This event is open to anyone who is interested in attending. I hope that you will strongly consider attending this event if you are in or near North Carolina. For more information about this event and to RSVP, please go to http://www.meetup.com/nc-wls.

I really hope that I will have to opportunity to see you there.

Wishing you every success in your journey,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 12:56 pm - Cincinnati, OH
Topic: POST-OP SUPPORT GROUP
 HI EVERYONE   WESTCHESTER'S POST-OPS MEETS THIS WEDNESDAY AUGUST 3RD @ 6:00 PM WHITE PLAINS H.S. 550 NORTH STREET WHITE PLAINS, NY   WE ARE AN OPEN GROUP EVERYONE IS WELCOMED
J.e.t.
on 7/29/11 5:34 am
Topic: RE: Dr. Jossart - bariatric surgery program
 I just wanted to post in case others do what I did and search for Dr. Jossart.  Dr. Jossart has gone into practice on his own and there is NO additional program fee.  Just want to set the record straight.  I've had nothing but positive experiences with him and his lovely staff.
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 8:04 am
Topic: RE: Help Please!!!
No. Unfortunately there are few surgeons who do the duodenal switch (DS), and even fewer who will revise a fobi pouch to the DS.

The problem with bringing this up with your surgeon is that he does not do the DS, so of course he will not agree with what I have to say. He would lose business if he did. I can tell you that removing the ring will not help, and you should research revision to the DS. Please got to the links in my signature, and I would suggest you post on the DS forum as well.

I would also recommend that you consult with Dr. Keshishian or Dr. Rabkin. They are the two best revision surgeons. They are both here in CA, but they do consults over the phone. Many have traveled for this revision, and it is well worth it, so you can have a surgery that will allow you to eat normally.

My surgeon, Dr. Keshishian can be contacted through his site dssurgery.com. If you email him he usually gets back right away. I'm not sure what Rabkin's site is, but you can find that on the dsfacts website.
Most Active