Recent Posts

Fobi052000
on 5/4/12 12:12 pm
Topic: RE: FOBI POUCH REVISION
How did you know that you had a leakage?  I had the Fobi pouch in 2000 and have gained about 60 pounds and am so upset.  Seems I am hungry all the time.  I am very interested in getting a revision and was looking on some information of Drs. that will do one on the original Fobi Pouch?  I traveled out to California for my original operation but live on the East Coast in Upstate NY and am hoping to find someone closer that will help me.
Any suggestions/ thoughts would be appreciated.
stephanie R.
on 5/3/12 5:43 am - phoenix, AZ
DS on 01/24/12
Topic: RE: Trying to decide!!
 Only with the DS you have to worry about the Malabsorbtion part
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/12 2:37 pm
Topic: Trying to decide!!
I was first positive on the sleeve but now I am considering the rny. I am wondering about the malabsorbtion peice of the surgery? And the diet after solids are added back what are typical foods I can eat? Does the diet get boring? Is it true eventually I will begin to absorb all of my calories again?
Fobi052000
on 5/2/12 7:13 am
Topic: RE: FOBI POUCH REVISION
Hi,  do know that Dr. Fobi is still in practice.  My son just had surgery by him in Dec 2011.
He is located at Hawiian Gardens, Ca.. at Tri Cities Hospital.  I also had surgery with Dr. Fobi in May, 2000 and am now gaining weight.  I am wondering what options I have and is a revision something to consider.  I live in Upstate NY, and traveled to California for my surgery but would like to fine a surgeon here in NY.  Any help would be appreciated.
cm102869
on 4/30/12 4:20 am - Concord, NC
FobiPouch on 03/15/12
Topic: RE: working out
My doctor just gave me the ok to work out but to take it easy with the ab exercises since I am only 7 weeks out. He said the best exercise is walking or water aeorobics since we will be losing faster then we can tone or stengthen up our muscles for now. Hope this helps!

veronicasfobi
on 4/24/12 12:58 pm
Topic: RE: question for Fobi pouches
it may be in the preparation of the meal? how are you making your foods? i had that type of reaction when i would try and eat something made with oils of any type. also make sure that you are not drinking your liquids with your meal. wait a few minutes after eating then take your liquids, if you take your liquids at the same time you are causing your meals to go quickly through your pouch and into your intestines, and not giving yourself enough time to have the feeling full effect.
veronicasfobi
on 4/24/12 12:50 pm
Topic: RE: Hi all, just a question
I had my fobi done 11 years ago, i weighed 295 i am now ranging between 144 & 155, i go up and down, depending on my level of activity or inactivity, i googled "fobi pouch pic or image" and found drawings of the procedure.

I have had no long term ill effects, some dumping every now and again when i forget to chew or eat something that doesnt agree with me at the time. One thing i did find unusual was that i was unable to tolerate milk of any kind until very recently, i am now able to drink down at least a cup of 2% milk, with no ill effects or dumping.
nanettejl
on 4/18/12 10:13 am
Topic: RE: Poughkeepsie, NY support group meeting
What room will the meeting be held in?
nfinstrom
on 4/16/12 1:35 pm - Mesa, AZ
Topic: working out
when do you start to do a work out program ? i am only 4 weeks post op and i dont want to over do it and hurt myself  
cm102869
on 4/16/12 7:36 am - Concord, NC
FobiPouch on 03/15/12
Topic: question for Fobi pouches
I had my surgery on 03/15/12 and I am starting to get where everything I eat is making me sick. I have not thrown up but twice but everytime I eat my stomach cramps like it feels like I have not have food in days (that is the only way I can describe it). I can only get between 8-20 ounces of drink down a day and still on soft foods because last week was the week to start fish and it seems that everything I eat solid makes me cramp as soon as it goes down. I am chewing my food like mush so I don't understand.  Any suggestions????

I am miserable and need advice!!

Most Active