Recent Posts

snowolf50
on 7/10/12 5:36 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: is silastic ring considered fobi pouch?
I am glad you were able to get your weight down...I was throwing up so much that my body went into starvation mode and shut down my metabolism.  I never made it under 188# ...grrrr!  I also have had to have iron transfusions, Vit. D infusions and just had all my upper teeth pulled b/c of all the vomiting...now have dentures.  I am scheduled in 2 weeks for the following:
They know some of what they will be doing and said they will have to see the rest when they crack me open. What they do know they will do to me is total revision...not of Fobi but RNY (I am still asking questions about why this procedure as I hear it the success rate is lower than 80% for long term), cut the stricture from my intestine and put 6-8 new inches of new intestine, work on the ulcers, clean out old scar tissue and the small hernia that is also present. I will be on a feeding tube for 4-6 weeks after. They are going to have to do another full open (3rd one) since they also need to get pretty invasive and I have WAY too much scar tissue. They tell me my leakage rate is going way up along with other complications....can you fill me in on what they have told you so far and what you are looking at? I am getting more calm about this but still have my panic moments when I want to back out...yet I know I can not continue to live like this and this quality of life. I will be starting at 200#s...I have also been told that one doesn't lose very much with a revision...still checking on this though. I mean REALLY to have to go through all the pain and not lose weight..give me a break!!!! LOL There is a gentleman on here who is seeing a lawyer about all of his complications and maybe seeking a class action suit.
Hope you are felling better!
snowolf50
on 7/10/12 5:33 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: is silastic ring considered fobi pouch?
 I have had all of the mentioned problems.  I am 15 years post op and now am having to have major revisions...had ring taken out 7 years ago!  My stomach is so picky and I throw up at the drop of a hat.  They know some of what they will be doing and said they will have to see the rest when they crack me open. What they do know they will do to me is total revision...not of Fobi but RNY (I am still asking questions about why this procedure as I hear it the success rate is lower than 80% for long term), cut the stricture from my intestine and put 6-8 new inches of new intestine, work on the ulcers, clean out old scar tissue and the small hernia that is also present. I will be on a feeding tube for 4-6 weeks after. They are going to have to do another full open (3rd one) since they also need to get pretty invasive and I have WAY too much scar tissue. They tell me my leakage rate is going way up along with other complications....can you fill me in on what they have told you so far and what you are looking at? I am getting more calm about this but still have my panic moments when I want to back out...yet I know I can not continue to live like this and this quality of life. I will be starting at 200#s...I have also been told that one doesn't lose very much with a revision...still checking on this though. I mean REALLY to have to go through all the pain and not lose weight..give me a break!!!! LOL Hope to hear back from ya soon
snowolf50
on 7/9/12 2:07 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: Hi all, just a question
Almond Milk in the dairy section not in the boxes on shelves is great!
snowolf50
on 7/9/12 2:05 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: Hi all, just a question
I had the Fobi surgery 15 years ago and have had nothing but problems a couple of surg., numerous hospitalizations and endoscopys.I had the ring cut out 7 years ago.  I am now scheduled for a full revision, including cutting out a stricture in my intestine, bringing up 6-8 new inches of intestine, working on the ulcers, bleeding and not.  I have heard more people have problems digesting meats and such...for me it is everything and my lowest weight...188#'s b/c they said I shut my  metabolism down again with all the vomiting!

Good luck to anyone chosing to do this one!

Sherie
snowolf50
on 7/7/12 6:12 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: FOBI POUCH REVISION
Hey how are you doing?  What does the lawyer think about your case?  Finally there are people out there ready to come forward...I am also highly perturbed that so many of my drs. never told me that taking anti-inflammatory meds would do damage to a bypass patient..grr...let me know about the court case as I have been reading some posting about people going back to the actual clinic of Dr. Fobi and he hym-ha's around and comes up with other reasons for the problems.  I even read where he refused to go back in and fix a problem caused by his technique b/c of insurance problems...REALLY???  I had mine done in Ft. Collins with a well known dr. who had done many trainings with Dr. Fobi and other places that specialize in this technique (and I loved my surgeon) but man...this has been a tough road to follow..... Good luck and keep me posted as I will you.  I am also on the Daily Strength online support...great site as Sheriew17

Have a great summer day :)
snowolf50
on 7/7/12 5:55 am - Colorado Springs, CO
snowolf50
on 7/7/12 3:08 am - Colorado Springs, CO
How are you feeling now?  Did you have the surgeon redo it FOBI POUCH or did they opt for other method.  My new doctor is replacing the damaged intestine with new, had the ring removed 7yrs. ago, and he says he will do a new revision but it will be a RNY....did you have any complications...they have told me chances go way up this time so they are putting me on a feeding tube for up to 6 weeks?  I have to be cracked open no lapro...too much scar tissue :(  any advice help etc WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS  I AM scared too death...
snowolf50
on 7/7/12 3:04 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Insurance covered my ring removal and now 7 yrs after ring removal I am going in for a major revision regarding my intestine and other problems....full open surg... scaredGood luck on whatever you chose to do...keep us posted!
snowolf50
on 7/7/12 3:01 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I had to have mine removed 8 years post op.. and now have had more problems and am having to have another revision because of more medical complications...stricture with the intestine...ugh!  Regarding the tests for the removing the band.  A few endoscopys, upper GI and ultra sound.  Good luck...keep us posted
snowolf50
on 7/7/12 2:57 am - Colorado Springs, CO
How did it go?  I am scheduled for one on July 23---full open like last two...scared too death!
Most Active