Recent Posts

ANGEL O
on 8/18/04 7:10 pm - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: What is RNY?
Hey Tracy, I'm Angie and I'm new to this to and I know what your going through. I also need help and wish you the very best of luck with anything u decide. I am reading also on the different surgeries they have to offer for us who are in need. you'll be in my prayers. God Bless..
Sherri H.
on 8/14/04 11:24 am - Bakersfield, CA
Topic: RE: Was wondering about the Fobi Pouch
I wanted to go down to LA and have the Fobi Pouch done, but due to having kids and money constraints I ended up having to do my surgery here in Bakersfield. I had the rouxen-y done June 21 and I have dropped a total of 50 pounds. I did have one problem. I had a partial bowel obstruction and had to be rehospitalized for 8 days until it resolved. I was a very sick puppy for most of those 8 days, and I had felt bad for 5 days before I finally called my doctor. Everything is fine now. Angela who posted a reply to my original question is a good resource. She had the FP done. She is very nice and I'm sure she would be happy to talk to you about it. Sherri
Jo W.
on 8/11/04 2:15 pm - Auckland, New Zealand
Topic: RE: Was wondering about the Fobi Pouch
Hi Sherri I'm considering having the same operation and was wondering how you are doing? Jo 8-D
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/04 3:42 am - AGUANGA, CA
Topic: HAVING SURGERY MONDAY AUG. 9TH
EXCITED!!! AND HOPING FOR A BETTER LIFE ,, HOPEFULLY HERE ON EARTH, WITH MY FAMILY!!!!! LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL. RICK. I LOVE YOU LAURA YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THE ONE!!!!! AND COURTNEY AND MARCUS , YOU GUYS ROCK, LOVE DAD. LAURA YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MY
Tracy S.
on 8/5/04 5:10 pm - Elie
Topic: What is RNY?
Hi, I'm Tracy, and I'm concidering surgery, but as of right now I am researching. I don't understand what RNY stands for. Maybe I haven't yet read the right post. lol I'm 46, have 2 daughters, one 18 and one 7. I'm happily married and my family supports me in any decision Imake. I am about 360 pounds and my liffe is out of control. Surgery is the last resort for me. Diets and exercise just didn't work. I need to regain my life before it's over. Thanks for any info you can give me, or any direction you can point me in to find the answers. Have a terrific evening. Tracy
SGRenteria
on 8/5/04 8:47 am - Roswell, NM
Topic: How does Hypothyroid affect WLS?
I am a nurse and also hypothyroid (low thyroid) and wanting WLS. I haven't seen any research related to hypothyroidism and WLS. Can other hypothyroid patients who have had WLS out there let me know about how much weight they lost at 2,4,8,10 and 12 months post surgery? I plan to look through as many journals as I can to compare Normal thyroid and hypothyroid? This is one of the reasons that I am opting for the RNY instead of AGB. I just want to double check. By the way, I am just getting started with the whole process. I saw my bariatric surgeon in Lubbock, TX yesterday.
jendbuck
on 8/3/04 8:35 pm - Carrollton, GA
Topic: RE: Post Op Question
When I go out to eat, I just order what I would have ordered before the surgery.(minus alot of fried food) I eat what I can and then take the rest home with me. I then reheat the food and eat what I can the next time I need to eat. I do this twice and if I have any leftovers after this(I usually don't) I throw it out. I don't enjoy eating out as much because my tastebuds have changed a little so I tend to want to stay home and eat home-cooked meals. I do enjoy, however, socializing. So I always like to go out for a cup of coffee or two. maybe a 1/2 of a piece of pie as well.(shhhh. don't tell no one)lol
tammym
on 7/21/04 1:42 am - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12
Topic: RE: Is the Fobi Pouch GB the same things as RYN?
I think, in this case, 'modified' means instead of just stapling a portion of your stomach off, they completely remove a portion of it. Check the Fobi website for more info about this. I wanted to have the fobi surgery but my ins. would only cover VBG. Good Luck, Tammy
Tamazon59
on 7/17/04 8:19 am - Carlton, MN
Topic: RE: Anyone had LAP now RnY/Fobi?
Hi Michelle, I have read your posts a lot, good advice for all of us. I have a question for you, I hope you know the answer. Once you have been filled to the maximum capacity on your band, how do you maintain restriction? Generally how many fills does a person get with the band over the long haul? Thanks for your time and information. Tammy
Denise P.
on 7/10/04 5:47 am - Kissimmee, FL
Topic: RE: Has anyone heard about leaking?
Hi, I was told by my doctor that after 19 days out you are home free from leaking. I would think it would last a life time.
Most Active