Post Op?

forbiddenfruit
on 1/1/05 10:08 am - LAWRENCEVILLE, GA
I am having Fobi on 1-17-04. I was doing research and read about the trach tube and venilator can someone explain how long after surgery do they keep the tubes running down yourr nose to your stomach and how bad is it to deal with also is the venilator bad and how long are you normally on this after surgery any advice would be greatlt appreciated i am getting a little scared
Bettyj
on 1/1/05 11:24 pm - University City, MO
I had my Fobi in Oct. When I woke I had neither of those things. It was like waking from any surgery. I had a drain but other than that everything was fine. Its simple. The surgery is easier than adjusting to the new eating patterns.
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/05 10:03 am - Yucaipa, CA
Have you discussed this with your dr?? It might be what the do during surgery, I've never heard of this before. I was intabated (SP?) after surgery for two days but only because I was so large I couldn't breath on my own. The tube was down my throat not in my nose. I suggest you talk to your surgeon about any concerns like this. Good luck to you and hang in there, it's hard work but its so worth it!!
Hypnocutie Cha CHa
on 1/8/05 11:19 am - Los Angeles, CA
I had nose tubes only b/c I'm asthmatic and I just had the g-tube...I must've had some other tube when I woke up b/c I hear someone call my name and say "cough" and then I was out again...
Kellie B.
on 1/11/05 3:58 am - Brownsburg, IN
I agree that you should discuss this with your Doctor. Me and my friend had the exact type of surgery through St. Vincents in Carmel Indiana. Same bariatric program - different doctors. I did not have any tubes. Not even a G-tube. My doctor told me up front that I would not have any tubes at all unless there were some complications during the surgery. My friends doctor told her up front that she would have a tube down her nose that went all the way into her new pouch & that there would be blue dye involved and this was to help detect any leaks. I was terrified the night before my surgery and the day of. I think that is completely normal and to be expected. My thoughts an prayers are with you. Kellie B. (boogie)
Most Active