new to site

Marni P.
on 10/8/04 4:23 am - renton, WA
wanted to say hello
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/04 10:02 am - Yucaipa, CA
Hello Marni and welcome to the group!! This is a very new board and we arent very active, but maybe if more folks post we will have more activity. So how are you doing?? Tell us a little about yourself. How about everyone saying a little about yourselfs?? Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get our group more active??
Bettyj
on 10/9/04 12:00 am - University City, MO
Hi, I'm Betty from Georgia. I have 6 grown children and live in a household of 4 cats and 3 dogs. My doctor does the fobi pouch. I knew nothing about it until I met him. Then I did alot of research and now believe it is the best of all the WLS. When I've talked to others from this site I've found many who were not sure what kind of WLS they had. It surprised me. The more common question is if the surgery would be open or a lap. So maybe there are those out there with the fobi pouch that just don't know.
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/04 12:30 am - Yucaipa, CA
Hi Betty welcome to the group. I too am always surprised by people who have WLS of any kind and have no idea what they did?? Dr Fobi does both now, but mine was open, as I like to say from ear to ear!! I wanted them to open the hood the heck with going through the wheel well!! At 440 I don't think he can do a laparoscopic on someone that size anyway!! Nice to have you here, hopefully we can get this list going!!
Bettyj
on 10/9/04 3:25 am - University City, MO
I kind of thought it would be nice if they could scoop out some of the excess fat while they were in there, but they didn't.
scangeleyes
on 11/24/04 6:13 am - summerville, SC
Good evening all, i have been going to the RYN board until Monday when i went to my surgeon,he does the fobi-pouch, so i'm trying to learn all i can about it. I'm just getting started with all the test scared of the scyc evail lol Bonnie i read your profile BROVO to you and all your hard work you look wonderful I love all your art work i think it's great!!! can't wait to get to know everyone and hear thier wonderful experiences
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/04 12:10 am - Yucaipa, CA
Hi Debbie thank you very much!! I'll tell you though it's not easy!! Don't worry about the evaluation, they know we have gone through hell with our obesity!! How can we possibly be normal?? I'm not (but now I'm proud that I'm different!! LOL) and still carry the scars to this day! Really be honest and tell them what your going to do AFTER you have the surgery. By the way the surgery is the RYN but with a band, here is a great place to read/learn all about it!! http://www.cstobesity.com/ We just started this group and it's not very active yet?? Here is a more active group for "Fobi support" [email protected] Welcome to here or there, get support, get educated, my number one advise, don't wait till after the surgery and start wondering what your supposed to do!! Hope to hear from you soon
Most Active