Problems with fobi pouch

Kelli G.
on 9/30/04 3:21 pm - La Habra, CA
My friend at work had the fobi pouch 17 years ago. She never lost much weight at all. She saw him a few times but when things got bad, like throwing up so much and so often that it ate the enamel of her teeth she ended up having to have veneers (and we are not talking about the pretty white ones these are just a clear barrier as she could not afford anything else) When she called Fobi's office again they claimed they didnt know her and there were no files on her. She was so upset and so young at the time she didnt know what to do. She is having problems finding a doctor who is willing to take her problem on, since she now belongs to kaiser and the surgery was done so long ago & done by someone else. She still eats very small meals and cannot eat meat and other things. She also still throws up alot and gets severly dehydrated. She is at least hospitalized for fluids twice a year. If anyone knows of anything she might be able to do or have had any similar problems please let me know! I know that many of you love doctor fobi and have had NO problems. I am not trying to bad mouth him in anyway i am just concerned about my friend and was wondering if anyone out there had any advice. Thanks Kelli
(deactivated member)
on 10/1/04 12:46 am - Yucaipa, CA
I'm sorry for your friend, I think she needs to go down to the fobi office ASAP, they need to scope her. If she saw fobi she should have or be able to get, her own insurance papers on the process or some sort of documentation!! Documentation can NOT be refuted. She should also write to dr fobi and tell him about her problems!!! I sure wouldn't have waited for 17 years!! We have to learn to eat a different way, some never get it. If she is eating very little why has she not lost weight?? Does she take her vitamin's? Give me an example of what she eats in a day and how much. Things that make me vomit are over eating, eating TOO fast, sugars and fats and drinking with a meal. She should NOT drink and eat at the same time, wait for at least a half hour after she eats. Also does she exercise regularly?" If she can attend fobi support groups she will get lots of information like this, she has to be active in learning what to do and how to deal with such problems. Thats why I say in my profile support is SO very important!!!! I'm worried that its too late to fix her problems and she SHOULD get scoped ASAP!! Please keep us posted on what happens.
Jaime_C
on 10/3/04 4:42 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Kelli, Your friend is lucky to have someone care for her as much as you do. I have every piece of paper on my Fobi procedure from approval letters to bills and EOBs to stuff they gave me in the office... Doesn't she have documentation of her visits? I mean, she paid SOME kind of bill, because Fobi doesn't accept "reasonable and customary." She can and should write to Dr. Fobi. It makes me sad for her that she waited this long to get help, but I'm glad she is trying to get help now. It shouldn't matter to Kaiser that someone else did the surgery 17 years ago. She is sick now. Let us know how it works out. Jaime
Most Active