Was wondering about the Fobi Pouch

Sherri H.
on 1/31/04 2:30 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Anyone had it, and how is it?
Angela W.
on 2/4/04 9:27 pm - Covington, GA
Hi Sherri, I just had the surgery on 1/30/04. The Fobi was the best option for me because I'm only doing this surgery once and I want to stay at one weight for the rest of my life. What they tell you is that a regular RNY stomach pouch can be stretched by overeating over a period of 10 years. Who wants that? The way I see is the optimal way to go, but it doesn't mean that I'm going to have to do less work to maintian it. Basicially, a year from now, I will only be able to eat as much as I did after surgery. My Fobi Pouch can't stretch because I have a band around it that will not slip. It's sort of like have a combination lap band and RNY. Feel free to email me directly. Angela W.
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/04 12:49 pm - Yucaipa, CA
Hi Angela, I know several Fobi patience who have stretched their pouches and gained A LOT of weight back!! And two are only four and five years after having surgery. I know they both drink carbonation too. One person is a very close friend and his pouch is so stretched it can't even be reconstructed because it will tear, it's too thin now. The band helps to keep the food in our pouch longer and helps us feel full for a longer time, the food doesn't empty as fast unless we drink with our meals. Your pouch WILL stretch as the years go by.
Jo W.
on 8/11/04 2:15 pm - Auckland, New Zealand
Hi Sherri I'm considering having the same operation and was wondering how you are doing? Jo 8-D
Sherri H.
on 8/14/04 11:24 am - Bakersfield, CA
I wanted to go down to LA and have the Fobi Pouch done, but due to having kids and money constraints I ended up having to do my surgery here in Bakersfield. I had the rouxen-y done June 21 and I have dropped a total of 50 pounds. I did have one problem. I had a partial bowel obstruction and had to be rehospitalized for 8 days until it resolved. I was a very sick puppy for most of those 8 days, and I had felt bad for 5 days before I finally called my doctor. Everything is fine now. Angela who posted a reply to my original question is a good resource. She had the FP done. She is very nice and I'm sure she would be happy to talk to you about it. Sherri
Most Active