question for Fobi pouches

cm102869
on 4/16/12 7:36 am - Concord, NC
FobiPouch on 03/15/12
I had my surgery on 03/15/12 and I am starting to get where everything I eat is making me sick. I have not thrown up but twice but everytime I eat my stomach cramps like it feels like I have not have food in days (that is the only way I can describe it). I can only get between 8-20 ounces of drink down a day and still on soft foods because last week was the week to start fish and it seems that everything I eat solid makes me cramp as soon as it goes down. I am chewing my food like mush so I don't understand.  Any suggestions????

I am miserable and need advice!!

veronicasfobi
on 4/24/12 12:58 pm
it may be in the preparation of the meal? how are you making your foods? i had that type of reaction when i would try and eat something made with oils of any type. also make sure that you are not drinking your liquids with your meal. wait a few minutes after eating then take your liquids, if you take your liquids at the same time you are causing your meals to go quickly through your pouch and into your intestines, and not giving yourself enough time to have the feeling full effect.
Sandyhnc
on 12/31/12 2:27 am - NC
I had this happen and was feeling weak. I went to Dr. and needed to go in for fluids and they stretched my opening by doing an edoscopy. That tiny bit they stretched it made things go down and I did not feel sick from it. I am five years out and had no other problems since. I still have to be aware of not eating too fast or too much, but I have kept off 100 lbs. YEAH!!!!!!!!

Good luck.
bdalton730
on 1/4/13 4:23 pm

i had my surgery in 2009 by doc bowman and lost 170lb as of today i had not gain any weight start weight 350 present weight 173lb but i have life condition i must  still live with . it take hours for me to eat a small plate of food but it doesnt matter how long it take as long the i get my nututrician i still dump as of today but that is usually cause by carelessness i cant drink water and eat at the same time so adjust accordingly there is time i get sick for no reason or reason i cant explain i believe there is a cost for everything nothing is perfect  thru it all im so happy i got the surgery i get compliment on my appearance, i feel better,my diabetes is gone and i come to live with my new med condition  please be at peace with it and learn how to start living your new life with condition.    ps for my stomach cramp i take nexium and maalox it seem to help greatly

PepperAZ
on 6/17/13 8:29 pm

My surgeon explained it this way.  To measure the size of your stomach eat a small amount of cottage cheese and stop when you are feeling  full. You must start eating at first on pureed or baby foods.. That way, you know how much food to eat in meal without taking  too much on your plate. I ate 1 small jar of baby food.  After that I always took a can of cream of chicken soup with me to a friend's house if I was unable to eat the foods served. I mixed it wit low fat or skim milk and heated it up there.  I always carry a protein bar or a few sticks of cheese with me in my purse if I am away from home for extended periods of time to prevent severe hunger and dizziness..  I still have good days and bad days with my new stomach. It takes a while to learn what foods you can and can't eat.

You must drink fluids 15 minutes before and after a meal and not with a meal to prevent vomiting and aid digestion. 

After 13 years, my stomach still will only hold 4 oz of food.  If I eat more, I vomit.  This was a life-saving procedure for me.  I was able to loose 200 pounds in a year and have maintained 170 pounds of it successfully.

Before surgery I was 305 pounds, diabetic, and out of breath constantly.  I was unable to walk more that 1 block away from my home.

My surgeon had me start out with soft pureed foods or baby food for the first 6 weeks, and 4 protein shakes a day (whey) then gradually increase it to soft foods, and then, normal food. You must thoroughly chew every bite.  There are still certain foods at I can't digest. I am unable to eat Chinese food at all and most crucifierous vegetables.  I must maintain fluid intake and by sipping small amounts of water all day from a water bottle, like one that can be bought from a container store.

Most Active