Help-vomiting 3weeks post op

lbs_b_gone
on 7/15/10 10:09 am
Is it normal to be vomiting food up 3 weeks post op.  I've been trying different foods and they are not agreeing with me.  I'm so tried of soup.  However, I did notice that I was able to eat snow crab legs with no problem.  Does anyone have an explanation for that??? Also, any food suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Yolie
Jim N.
on 7/15/10 3:59 pm
Usually if you are vomiting 3 weeks after surgery, you are either eating something with too much texture, not chewing it enough or taking in too much.  I know at 3 weeks, I had to be very careful of what I ate.  I usually only introduce one new food in any given day.  I know soups get a bit old.  They are safe to keep down also.  I do well with cashews as snacks.  It is important to make sure that when you swallow, the food needs to be the consistancy of ketchup.  That is how Dr. Fobi explained it to me.  
Mashed potatoes are good.  So are some cheeses. 

Best of luck
lbs_b_gone
on 7/17/10 4:44 am
cheryl_raye
on 8/29/10 11:41 pm
Actually that's not necessarily accurate. My husband is 9 months post op and is still throwing up. It turns out he had gall stones, one the size of a gulf ball by the time they found it by accident doing x-rays for kidney surgery, and a dozen more small ones. A very probable side effect of bypass surgery. We were not informed of this possibility and he has suffered needlessly for months now. He also developed kidney stones that required surgery, another probability of the surgery. If the vomiting or indigestion continue make someone listen!
Most Active