Do you have a plan for the holidays?

Barbara C.
on 11/23/09 10:06 pm - Raleigh, NC

I don't know about you, but I think that Thanksgiving has to be one of my all time favorite holidays. That said, it's also one that has ruined me in the past. Of course, one of the things I'll be giving thanks for this year is knowing that I won't 'ruin' myself this year because I have my 'tool', but also because I have a plan. I don't really think it matters what your plan is, but it does matter that you have one. I don't think it really matters which surgery you had or where you are in your journey, but what does matter is thinking about what you are going to do and then following through.

For me, I know that among other things, I will have pumpkin pie with whipped cream, but I'll probably work to reduce some of the carbs while maintaining the flavor.

* I'll limit how much I have and be aware of how much of whatever it is that I'm consuming.

* I'll load with protein before carbs and fats, but to be honest, I'll have carbs and fats and I'll enjoy them without feeling guilty because I have a plan.

* I'll also go for a walk to help walk some of it off.

* I'll be sure to go a little leaner a day or two before Thanksgiving and a couple of days after... Probably a few more protein and salad based meals, dropping the amount of carbs.

* I'll weigh myself to keep an eye on how I'm doing. Don't get me wrong. I'm not obsessing of freaking out about the upcoming holiday.

I'm actually feeling really confident and comfortable about the approaching holiday knowing that the combination of my tool and my choices will hold me in good stead, allowing me to maintain my hard won losses... and the health and quality of life gains that came with them. 

So.... What is your plan for the holidays?

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active