Hey There! For any women over 5 ft 10 inches tall...

Maintaining Cindy
on 11/4/09 4:58 pm
Hi Everyone!

I have a couple of comments and questions...

For any of you women out there who are really tall.  Please tell me:
-  Your height
-  Your age
-  Your goal weight
-  Your current weight
-  The reason why you chose that goal weight

Being so tall, I have always strived to be really thin.  Somehow in my mind I think I look more feminine the thinner I am...

My weight loss journey has made me take a real hard look at myself and my personal self image.  I would like to know if any of you also want to have a very low BMI and want to be very thin.

I am 6 feet tall.  My original goal was 140 lbs.  I have acheived that goal or near it, several times in my life.  But I never ever maintain my weight loss.

I recently increased my goal from 140 lbs to 150 lbs.  I did this for a couple of reasons:
1)  So that I could maintain between 140 - 150 lbs rather than below 140 lbs
2)  So that I would feel like a success anywhere under 150 lbs
3)  It seemed like a more realistic goal and easier to acheive and maintain

I secretly would love to fluctuate around 140 lbs give or take a few pounds up or down, but I also don't want to set myself up for failure.

I so look forward to your honest and candid replies.

All the best on your weight loss journey!

Cindy

Maintaining Cindy
on 11/5/09 12:21 am
Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your responses.  I am getting so many amazing responses.  I am going to compile some of the information and some of the best weight related sentences and post them here.

I wish I could take the time to respond to each of you, however the number of responses is incredible.  The fact that I posted this to the Main Forum and to each of the WLS Forums in the reason why.

Thanks again, I have now received over 23 responses, once I am pretty sure they are done, I will let you guys know the stats.

In the meantime, if you are as curious about this as I was, please visit the other forums, I posted each with the same topic line... you will find that there is a wide spectrum of dream weights for us tall folks and lots of reasons why...

All the best to each of you!

Cindy

Most Active