nervous and confused dont know what to do

meurdestiny
on 10/27/09 3:23 pm - Reedley, CA
Hi everyone I'm Maria and I'm planning on getting the gastric bypass surgery
but now I don't know I'm scared.
Today I went to the nutritionist and she told me all the stuff that I have to
stop eating and drinking and that freaked me out I'm scared of not doing things
right and throwing up or getting sick.
I know that I need it for my health but I really don't know what to do so if there's someone in here
that has had that surgery that can tell me something good or to at least tell me that
every things going to come out OK and to not worry about it I will appreciate it alot
please help.
KRISTEN M.
on 11/1/09 9:44 am - LEBANON, PA
Hello there. I understand your fears as I had the same fears a few months ago. I went to a support group at the hospital where I am having surgery and just by being there confirmed that this is what I need to do. My friend had bypass 5/6/09 and has lost 63+ pounds. She said she feels better and is more active. Best of luck to you.
katyp
on 11/8/09 11:47 am
Hello Maria: I had my surgery in march of this year. For me it was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I am down 56 pounds. Having said that, your life is changed forever. Food now is something you do to stay healthy not for enjoyment. You look at food it a totally different way. However I feel much better. I am only 5 ft tall and weighed 226 at my very highest. When I had surgery I weighed 220 and now weigh 166.0 I am not a big exerciser, and I usually get yelled at for that. You must exercise daily and you must take your supplements. Please do research all of this procedure, email me if you have any other questions. [email protected] katyp

curvalicious1
on 12/30/09 4:14 am
Hi Maria, I'm Celest. I have not had my surgery yet but I thought the same thing when I saw my nut when i was seeking the RNY.  I just knew I was setting myself up for failure until I started reading the DS forum. Have you thought about the DS? I have chosen it because I can eat close to what a normal person can eat and it has the least percentage of weight gain of all of the wls. i even had to change docs because my doc didn't do it.  Good luck to what ever you choose, they are all life changing decisions.
Most Active