Being accountable

Barbara C.
on 10/23/09 10:34 pm - Raleigh, NC
I think that 'accountability' is one of the cornerstones that will help shore up our long term success. What works for one person, doesn't necessarily work for another. What do you do to hold yourself accountable?

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Barbara C.
on 10/23/09 10:40 pm - Raleigh, NC

I get on the scale every morning... and that's a big change. There were years when I didn't even have a scale. It's important for me to 'know' what I weigh. My weight shifts or swings within about a 3 to 5 pound range... meaning my normal weight is 145, so I may go down to 142 or up to 148, but I normally stay at about 144/146. If my weight gets above 146, I start keeping a closer eye on what I'm eating and how much by logging my intake... It usually shows me the error of my ways and I make the necessary corrections and the weight drops back down to where it should be.

I wear pedometer... This gives me an awareness of how much I am or am not moving. I have to say that I'm much more inclined to walk farther, take the stairs, etc., when I have my pedometer on and can see the steps racking up. I try to get at least 10K steps in a day. Some days it doesn't happen, but at least I'm aware and work to get moving more. 

I wear fitted clothes... I've been going through my old stuff as I've been packing it up to sell, donate, etc... and while I did have a few 'fitted' pieces, the overwhelming number of items in my closet had an elastic waist or loose fit that would allow my weight to fluctuate significantly without being able to 'feel' it. Now, my wardrobe is overwhelmingly fitted. I only have a few pieces that are loose or have an elastic waist and to be honest, most of those are PJs or exercise wear.  Believe it or not, now I can 'feel' a 5 lb change in the way my fitted clothes fit.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active