Has anyone had good experience after surgery

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/09 10:05 am
RNY on 08/25/09 with
I read all these stories about bad experiences.  Does anyone have good ones?  I am scared out of my mind!!! Sitting on the fence about all of this.  Dr. told me I will have diabeties in two yrs if I dont do something about the weight now.  Fat all my life.... but still very very scared!  Going on 8/25 hope I don't back out.
cecile babin
on 8/23/09 11:26 am - Canada
WEll I had the band with no bad experience whatsoever, Im sure u will do fine.
Congrats and good luck on y9our surgery.
take care.

frispee6
on 8/24/09 11:26 pm - Chino Hills, CA
Well,  I will tell you that I have the Fobi pouch and tomorrow will be 2 years since surgery.  I did have laproscopic, but had NO complications what so ever.  I am extremely pleased with Dr. Fobi and think he is the best gastric bypass surgeon EVER.   I would do this surgery 100 times over if needed.  I am a true believer that this is the right move to make if you are at least 100 lbs overweight.  I have lost 150 lbs and recently had reconstructive surgery to have the excess skin removed.  To me, those surgeries were much more evasive and painful than the bypass.  I went back to work after 2 weeks when I had the gastric bypass and I was out for almost 3 months after these last surgeries.  Don't be afraid of the WLS if you are having Dr. Fobi.  I really can't speak for any other doctors.  However, I have a cousin that had WLS over 7 years ago and she is very pleased with her results as well.  I don't know if she had any complications, but if she did they must have been minor because I don't know about them.  You will be sooooo happy you did this.  It is definitely a life change and you will have to work at keeping the weight off for the rest of your life, but well worth the trade off of being healthy and feeling good about yourself.  There is alot of adjusting to do with your eating patterns and foods, but you will learn what your body can tolerate and which foods are the right choices.  Best of luck. 
Christie L.
Worked4Me
on 8/26/09 4:20 am
Hello
I had my surgury April 08 and had the Fobi pouch. Dr. Fobi himself did my surgery. It was the best thing I have ever done with my life. I still have my days that I think I can eat just about everything but there are time my body does not agree with my mind. For me- it has been a wonderful experiance. but one thing I can tell you is- make sure mentally you are ready mind body and soul! good luck!!!
Most Active