Your stories..

dianalynnx0
on 8/4/09 7:41 am
I think this is the right section.. I was going to get the Lap Band done but I decided to get the Gastric Bypass Surgery.. I just wanted to hear peoples stories..

how much you lost?
how long it took?
what did you eat?
how often did you exercise?

Kimberly B.
on 8/5/09 3:39 am - Gardena, CA
FobiPouch on 03/11/92
I had surgey 17 years ago and I lost 251 lbs.  I can't remember how long it took because it was so long ago and the person in the waiting room was my Mom and she has since passed.  I stay under 1000 calories per day and if I want something bad I have it on the weekend.  I exercise 6 days a week and this works for me.  I stop by the store before work Monday mornings to pick up fruit and salad fixing so I won't be tempted to make bad food choices when I am stressed at work.  I don't bring sugar or bread in the house because that is my weakness.  Before I head out to dinner I go on www.dailyplate.com and type in the menu to make my lo cal choice before I get there and everything looks yummy.  I take two trinsicon (iron) b12,b1,A, D & E vitamins.  I do not chew gum because it causes gas.  I drink camomile tea it keep gas down and soothes the pouch when you over do it.  I hope this helps.  God bless you on your journey.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/09 10:08 am
RNY on 08/25/09 with
I have the same questions.
cecile babin
on 8/23/09 11:30 am - Canada
WEll girls, I can comment on my lap band journey.
Ive been out this wednesday for 12 weeks and i lost 26 pounds, I know its not taht much, but the band is made for smaller weight loss. most of the times.
I dont really watch what i eat 100% of the time but i do exercise hardcore everyday for an hour a day.
I havfe no regrets.
u pretty much gotta read about all the wls out there and make a decision taht will suit u better.
for me i chose hte band instead of the bypass, cause of the complications rate.
I know ill lose slower, but healthier,
I dont have anything bad to say about any surgeries, hope u will succed and this will help u make ur decisions.
Ive lost 26 pounds in 12 weeks and I eat wtv I want pretty much, got my 2nd fill last week, and it helped with restriction, I know the band usually it talke 4-5 fills before u get a sweet spot, but bypass u lose very quickly at first, which to me is alot better, sometimes I do wish i would of gotten the RNY but dont have any regrets either just discouraged on the slower weigh trloss with the band.
take care and good luck

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/09 12:59 pm
RNY on 08/25/09 with
Cecile, Thanks for your story and 26 lbs is GREAT wish you the best on your journey.  I am starting mine on Tuesday and I am going for the bipass.  Please pray I come home health on Friday.  Thanks for everything.
Lisa
cecile babin
on 8/23/09 1:20 pm - Canada
for sure ill be thinking of you in no time youll be just like all of us on the losers bench.
Great choice, someday s I wish I would of gotten the band , but so far so good.
I just hope fi lost hte other 1-00 pounds i need to lose if not ill be getting either mgb or vsg.
Good luck,

Most Active