made a decision to have one of the weight loss surgery ( am so scared)

dlady3333
on 7/14/09 1:40 pm - paterson, NJ
Hello, everyone my  name is gigi i am 25 yrs old and i weight 320 pounds... wish noone believes me because they say i dont look like it but believe it or not im sure filling it i was also very happy and alwasy dancing around i was like so happy . but it was all a lie to myself .. i can't take it anymore i have high blood pressure and been marry five yrs and want a baby so bad but my period is so irregular that i don't even think i ovulate... :(

my knees are killing me and i feel liek one day am going to pass out because they are soooooooooooooo swollen by the way am only 5-5... i trymany diets and i leave them half way i cant do it...........am so depress andi wish this was different before i didint mind being the way i am cause beside being big i take good care of alwasy looking pretty from head to toe... so that always kept me goign but now........

i cant sleep...
my back killing
my knee and ankles are so swollen i cant even walk
i get massive headaches
i get my perios for too month straight and then dont get it for 2- 3 month back and forth
my hair falling
my pressure sky high
i feel like am going to get a attck preety soon cause i jsut can;'t handle this weight anymore
my sex drive also left.... :

my whole body aches even my breast because they getting so heavy before i could run now i cant even dance anymore once i hit 300 pounds i feel swolle not me and i cry everyday because i dont tell noone how i feel...  i dunno where to because wish surgery to pic wish dr to trust because am very scare of somethign going wrong ...

where do i start...? plz help :(
Amanda S.
on 7/15/09 2:04 pm - New York, NY
when I decided to do this I was scared too!!  I don't have aches but I am over 300lbs and have been for soooo long and I workout and was getting no where.  Toned up but weight was going up instead of down. That's when I made my decision. I went to a weight loss seminar in NYC and moved on from there. Now awaiting insurance approval and going to move on.  If you want to come to NYC use Lenox Hill Hospital they have a great team there and you will be in good hands.

Take care

Amanda
dlady3333
on 7/16/09 11:44 am - paterson, NJ
hi amanda i'm planning to do it somewhere in ny too that where my mother live and where my regular doctor is also.. i moved to jersey now but i still go everyday to ny... i just stated getting aches and stuff before i was very active and this never happen to me that why i didin't mind having the weight but now is like i feel terrible..... i went to a seminar in presbyterian hospital in 168 but some one recommended me not to do it there so i think i will go somewhere else or maybe try the lenox hill hospital thanks  u so much...
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/09 9:41 am
RNY on 08/25/09 with
WOW Gigi, you just sounded like me.  I am doing the surgery on 8/25 I am sooooo scared of something going wrong.  I have been on the computor for days reading all the diffrent stories.  I am praying God and my guardian angel will be with me.  I was undecided about which sugery but so many people have had somethings happen with each one, BUT they have not regreted any of this.  So wish me luck and good luck to you.  Oh I am using Dr. Vohra in Hewlett, NY he has been great so far.  I'll let you know after the operation.
raineestorm
on 8/18/09 3:04 pm
Hello Gigi,
     I had the surgery 18 years ago. The Fobi pouch  I lost 275 pounds. Over the last 5 years I have gained back 50 pounds. I developed a hole which I am going in to have fixed the 24th of this month.  Hopefully I will lose the 50 plus more. I was 500 pounds when I had the surgery years ago. 
    I would run to do it all again. I got my life back. You will love it maybe not immediately after you have the surgery but you will in about 6 to 8 weeks. If not sooner.  You will be so happy and you will get your cycle straightened out and you will  be able to have a baby and you will be able to carry and deliver the baby a lot easier after you lose the weight. 
   My two children are grown I had both of them very heavy and it was very difficult. My son was 2 when I had the surgery and we had a lot more fun together  after I lost the weight. 
    I wish you the best    Sandy

Most Active