hysterectomy vs gastric bypass

lorih444
on 6/25/09 10:22 pm
Hi every one,
     I am hoping some one can help with a question. I had a hysterectomy May 27th. I did very good with my recouperation. I have had people tell me that it took them weeks or even months to recoup after a hysterectomy. I was feeling really with in a week of surgery. My surgery was done via laperscopic with  incisions. Now for my question, Has any one had both presigers done as will soon.
Is the recouperation from gastric bypass any where near the recouperation from a hysterectomy.

I really would love others womens experiences.

Lori

Ladysweetthang
on 7/22/09 8:16 am - NJ
My mother had a previous hysterectomy and she was up and walking a few days after her bypass surgery..She said her healing was pretty ok and not that bad...don't ask me how I got to this side of the forum was just browsing through if you want me to ask her anything else just pm me...

Watch Hot Momma Drop it Like it's Hot..

WeezerChic
on 4/17/10 11:02 pm
Hi, I had both 5 yrs apart.. hys. was 1st and I was dying in pain from it.. couldn't drive for 8 wks after, the pain was to me, worse than anything I ever had done, including my c-section.. and last yr.. I had GB thur lapo and it was a piece of cake... I wished I had done it 5 yrs.. ago... really little or no pain.. worst part was low energy from low calorie intake and feeling faint was the only low.. everything else has been positive and I have lost over 100lbs.. and have excellent health and energy again.. its nice to be living again and my advice is if you think GP is painful thru lapo.. it is nothing.. even my gallBldr surgery was worse than GB.. Good Luck!! 
Most Active